Chapter Eight: Mom & Dad

I look at him. "What?"

He looks back at the sky. "Okay don't make a big deal out of it. Seriously. But I was. I shouldn't have called you a bitch or threatened you. it wasn't cool. But you needed me to follow you."

"Is this going somewhere?" I pretend to be mad.

"I overheard what Director Storm said too. I was just too in my feelings to really pay attention, so I'm gonna prove myself to you by helping you find out where you come from." He takes my hands staring into my eyes like in those teenage movies.

"Look, Jack," I take my hands back. "I believe you, I do, but I'm gonna need you to learn how not to be calling me names. Because even if we do start dating, what's gonna happen when I piss you off? You're gonna call me a hoe and tell everyone how terrible I am in bed? I'm glad you're finally able to talk about your feelings, and even though I haven't known you for a long time, I think I'm falling in love with you, but I can't be on a roller coaster ride with you. Not with everything that's going on. It's too much. And if I'm going to kiss someone, it won't be because if craving or some sort of score you have to sit with yourself. Once again he takes my face in his hands, and I don't move them. 

"I'll make it up to you I promise. The next time I kiss you, I want you to be okay with it. I've had this rep to keep me from repeating my past. I've only been in love once years ago before I became Jack Frost, and I've lost who I once was, but I promise I'll find it again." 

Edlyn's Pov 

 "Yeah, that's nice." Rapunzel interrupts. "We're here, so whenever you're ready, I'd like to speak to my parents. We've got a lot to talk about."

"Right." He moves.

"Really Edlyn?" I whisper.

"Oh please, we still have the rest of the semester and the time that we're here for all of that. Come on." She drags me. 

       My parents meet us out front and I can't help but feel like they don't want me there, no. it's like they weren't expecting me. We walk in, and all of my thoughts are scattered. The table is completely set with food as if they really were expecting us. 

"Mom, dad what is all this, did you know we were coming?"

"No honey," Mom touches my shoulder. "Your father and I were just about to eat. Come on, Rap-Edlyn don't make it weird. Have a seat. And your friends." My mom welcomes us. 

       I have to pretend I didn't hear my mom almost call me Rapunzel, there's only one person who would call me that. But I haven't seen her in years. I don't want to think badly of my parents, but something doesn't seem right. However, I haven't seen my mom and dad in forever, so I sit down and pretend like everything is normal. After lunch, my parents tell us they're going to their room to lay down.

"Feel free to explore kids." My mom smiles.

"Really? Thanks, guys." I smile. 

I give my parents a hug, and show Elsa and Jack around my house. As we walk around we come across a room that I'm surprised to say I haven't seen before. 

"Hey Punzel, what's this?" Jack asks.

"First of all, don't call me that. Second, I don't know. I've never seen this room before."

"Have you met me? Of course, I asked."

"And?"

"Obviously it didn't go well Jackson if we're here today. So lay off. It was the worst day of my life, and I have never dared question them ever since." I hiss.

"Maybe we should go find your parents. It's almost dinner anyway." Elsa changes the subject.

"Good idea. I'm starving." Jack rubs his stomach.

"You're always hungry." I laugh. 

During dinner, it's safe to say you could the tension with a knife. It's clear my parents are hiding something. The only things making noise are the sounds of utensils hitting plates, and "pass the peas." Dinner draws on by with minimal words being spoken. I find it odd. They've been like this. Sure they hide things, everyone does, but this feels different somehow. It's like they're not themselves.

"So Elsa," my mom asks. "you also attend Xavier's school?"

"Yes ma'am, Jack, Rapunzel and I. I'm actually her roommate." Elsa smiles at me. "She's my best friend."

"Really? That's interesting." Her father hums. "And where are you from?"

"Arendelle. But when I was little I was told that my parents were actually my aunt and uncle and my sister was my cousin, and unfortunately, they passed away 2 years ago, so I never actually found out where."

       Out of nowhere, it seems as though my mother can't take the conversation she started and stands leaving the hall in a hurry.

"Mom, dad," I announce stopping them before my mom can leave. "we need to talk."

"No Edlyn," Mom says. 

"You owe it to your daughter ma'am." Jack jumps in.

"Young man, this is none of your concern and quite frankly, you've outgrown your stay, so get the hell out of my house." 

       I stand shocked. I've never heard my father speak like that. I mean I know I haven't known him for that long, and people get angry, but by the looks on the servants' faces, he doesn't speak like that. Something isn't right.