Chapter Fifteen: Gone for Now but Not Forgotten

2 Weeks Later...

       As much as I wish I could stay at home forever, it's eventually time to go back to school. Storm lands the airplane, and her Logan and Cyclops get off the plane to greet us inside. 

"Elsa, I'm so glad you found your family, even though we wanted to help you do that and you almost burnt off my fingers." Storm says.

"Nope, actually, that was me." Jack raises his hand. "Sorry about that."

"Logan, can you take the kids' belongings onto the plane, please? Thanks." 

Mr. Logan grumbles but does what he's told. Elsa, Jack, and I follow Cyclops onto the plane and buckle in. I give Eugene a long hug before I go and kiss him on the cheek. On the plane, I take the window seat. I see Storm talking to Eugene and if it's about what I think it is, I'm not going to be missing him any time soon. Luckily I'm right, and Eugene soon joins me. When we get to school the 4 of us sit in Storm's office.

"So, I hope you're prepared to tell me everything that happened because, when I tried to help...well we all know what happened there." Storm sits in her chair across from us.

"We went to my house to talk to my parents, but when we got there, my parents were acting weird," I explain. "It turns out my great – great – great grandmother had stayed alive for years using a magic yellow flower and when my mom used it to heal herself before giving birth to us our grandmother came looking for the same power. She found it with me, and I spent 14 years of my life in a tower with a woman who treated me like shit."

"In order to keep me safe, my parents sent me to live with my aunt and uncle, and my cousin and I grew up like sisters. When we were younger I nearly killed her, and then a few years later they died. Our grandmother decided it was a great idea to kidnap our parents and turn herself into them in order to be close to Edlyn. We figured it out, she tried to kill us, Elle came up with a plan to get rid of her, and it actually worked because we worked together. The boys took Edlyn and me back to the castle where we freed our parents." Elsa adds.

"Thank you for that last part, Jack. As always it was unneeded. Now, as for that story, I am very sorry you had to deal with that, much less alone. But I'm glad you are all alright. And I'm sorry about your crazy grandmother. As for Eugene, I understand you have certain skills, and I'd like to help you with them." Storm shakes Eugene's hand. "I need to talk to the girls, so if the two of you could please head out, and Eugene, just wait outside my office, and I'll speak to you soon." Storm says. 

       Everyone agrees, and the boys head out. I'm a little afraid because the look on Storm's face changes, and I'm unsure of what to expect. 

"Ladies, I have to tell you something and I just hope you won't hate me when I do." She rubs her eyes.

"Why would we hate you?" Elsa tries to act calm.

 I can tell she's about to freak out, especially when it starts to snow over her head a little bit, so I hold her hand. The snowflakes disappear. 

"I found out about you when I read a letter your mother wrote to Xavier when she was pregnant. It was supposed to go to you when you turned 16. Your parents hoped you would find each other when you reached that age and asked if they could watch over you. I read it after odd findings about Elsa, and it all came together. That was what I wanted to tell you when you flew off, but I'm glad you did, because who knows what would've happened to your parents?" Storm says.

"It's okay Director Storm." I say.

"Yeah," Elsa adds. "It's not your fault."

Storm takes a deep breath in and out, then shakes our hands. "Thank you so much for understanding. So if you could please send in Eugene, I'd like to speak with him." 

       Elsa and I leave the office, and I wish Eugene good luck on his way in. I figured it's a nice thing to do.

Elsa's Pov

The Next Morning...

       It feels good to be back at school. Not because I'm at school because why would I want to be here, but because I get the confidence of knowing I'm here with my sister. The only thing I'm not sure of is Jack. I know we talked about our relationship and sorted it out, but we're back in the place, where he made a name for himself, by being a terrible person, and not to mention the last time we were here, he insulted me. 

       In all seriousness, he pretended like he hated me, and then kissed me out of nowhere. I never knew what I was going to get when I saw him that day, and as much as I liked it sometimes, he was a complete dick. This place and the girls falling left and right was his kingdom. I can't help but think, what if he goes back to these old ways? It'll crush me. It'll be like everything we had was a lie, and my suspicions about him using me would all be true. 

I don't know how I would live would myself having to see him every day knowing he played me like a cello and I bought it. I get out of bed, and my sister and I meet Eugene outside our door. We would've waited for Jack, but he prides himself on being dramatically and fashionably late. The last one doesn't make any sense since he wears the same thing every day, but it's none of my business. 

We get our food sitting down at a table making sure to leave some room for Jack. This is my doing. I really want to believe I changed him for the better. I mean, that's what he told my father, and it wouldn't be wise to lie to the king of a country. Promising not to break someone's heart isn't something one can control. The cafeteria bustles with chatter, and then all of the sudden silence, which only means one thing. Jack's hear. 

He walks past the front, everyone watching to see what he'll do next. He approaches Eugene daps him, then Edlyn, and finally me. When he gets to me he comes to my side of the table, looking at me. He says nothing but smiles. 

"You look amazing today." Then in front of everyone, he kisses me. Not an "I hate how I love you" kiss, but an "I love how much I love you" kiss.

"Thank you." I bite my lip. I walk with Jack to get some breakfast, grabbing muffins for our friends on our way back. 

Edlyn's Pov

Summer Vacation...

       I'm terrified of how Anna's going to see me, but she's my cousin, and I have to make it work. For summer vacation we decided to stay 2 months in Arendelle, and I couldn't be more excited. I just wish I got to meet Anna's parents before they passed. When we arrive, everyone greets us well. But Anna doesn't speak to me. It would be like this for the next 2 weeks, but I did my best to make her laugh, and I could see it was working sometimes. 

       No matter how hard she tried to hate me, I could see she was started to like me, even if it was a little bit. One night, I finish up my bedtime routine and climb into bed. Just before I turn off the light, there's a light knock at my door. I answer for the person to come in, and I'm shocked to see it's Anna. 

"Hey Anna," I greet cheerfully. "is everything okay?"

Anna comes in and sits on my bed. "Yeah. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for acting like a brat. But your kind of cool."

"Thank you. I promise I'm not taking Elsa away from you, and if you'll have me, I've always wanted a little sister."

"Sure." Anna gives me a hug, then heads out. 

As I drift off to sleep, I toss and turn and there's an odd feeling. Suddenly my eyes jolt open and I hear in a very unsettling and familiar voice,

"You can't get rid of me that easily. Don't forget, mother knows best, and I'll see you soon."

THE END