Chapter 14

It's Saturday. As far as I know all my guests are coming except Lauren and a nurse called Claire, who did the night shifts some nights with her. The other nurses haven't been able to get a reply off Lauren. It's our comeback gig though so I still need to give it my all. I invited a few of the nurses from the physio department too. Their hard work got me here too and I'm physically stronger than I was before the accident. It's an hour before we go on and all of the nurses have been backstage to say hi. I look around and see Vic's girlfriend has disappeared.
"Where did Danielle go?" I ask.
"She had to go and get her friend. She won't be long" Vic says. I nod and take a sip of my water. I'm actually nervous for some reason. It's not like I haven't performed before. I have suffered some minor memory loss but at the rehearsals I've played fine. Like the old saying about never forgetting how to ride a bike. It just came back to me. I fiddle with a Rubik's cube. I loved those things before and then I was told the added bonus that it would strengthen my hands more. So I play with them a lot more now. I hear the door open and Danielle walks in and smiles at Vic, a mysterious look on her face. It's almost time for us to go on so I get my guitar and take a deep breath.