Chapter 18

A/N: Hey guys!!! I'm really sorry I haven't updated in about two months or so. I've been busy and I was planning this chapter out for the last week. I hope you enjoy it and I made myself a schedule so that I can update every week because I have a procrastinating problem lol. Enjoy!

This isn't proof-read.

And that picture is there for a reason btw.

*GRACE POV*

Coastal Carolina University

August 27th

9:12 am

*GRACE POV*

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. Today is my first day of college and I could not be more worried than I already am.

The last week of summer I waited to hear back from colleges since I applied kind of late. However, I applied to three schools and made it into my top choice, CCU, with a major of marine biology.

My mom and dad drove down to my apartment a few days ago to help me pack and whatnot. Then we drove to South Carolina last night and now here we are! In case you were wondering, Sammy and I made up and we are back to living with each other. Joseph and I are still dating, and we have been for a little more than a month. Hayes and Sammy were getting a little serious she told me, but after a few weeks of them being together, they both decided it wasn't going to work out between them.

Neither of them were upset about it, and she said that she was glad to be apart from him because, even though she really did like him, she felt guilty. I was grateful that she did that for me.

Back to the present, Sammy ended up coming to CCU as well, studying biology. We dreamed of going to the same college for years, and now it's finally happening. Hayes is going to Virginia Tech to play football, (go Hokies who's with me) and Joseph is going to VCU. He wants to become a doctor one day.

Sammy and I were both with our parents currently, trying to find out dorms. We just checked in and everything is done, we've been to the meeting type things, and all that's left is putting our stuff in our dorms.

(Idk how college the first day works or when classes start, so if this is wrong oh well.)

"There it is! Ingle Hall!" Sammy pointed out excitedly.

(Yes that is a real hall at CCU)

"It's so big and intimidating." I mumbled, struggling to keep all of my bags and items in my arms comfortably.

"It's just a residents hall." my dad chuckled at me.

"I don't care, I'm just really nervous right now." I frowned.

"Don't worry you'll be alright sweetie." my dad told me and patted my shoulder. We kept walking towards the building as Sammy's mother started talking.

"College is a wonderful experience. Your best memories will come from this campus, so enjoy it!" She smiled sweetly at me. She's great at giving those small, helpful talks.

A few minutes later we approached the building and I swiped my card. I opened the door and we entered. It was pretty nice for the lobby area, of that's even what you would call it.

"Sammy what did you say your room number was again?" I turned around to ask her as we stepped to the side to check and make sure we had everything.

"308." she answered me.

"Mines 212." I told her and she nodded. We both agreed that we didn't want to be roommates, for the fear of getting in a huge fight and never being friends again. And this way, if we had a problem with our own roommates, we have each other to go to.