Chapter 12

*GRACE POV*

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Sammy said irritated as she walked into the living room where I was.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She crossed her arms and leaned against the back of the couch. "I can't believe you let him stay here!"

"I explained it to you last night! And it's not like anything was going to happen between us."

"But it could've. I heard you guys talking, you seemed pretty friendly." Sammy scowled.

"No we weren't I was just helping a friend!" I said easing my voice.

"Since when are you friends?! He fucking cheated on you and you just let him sleep here like he's some lifetime best friend!" she yelled. I don't see this side of Sammy very often because we never fight, but now it's a little scary.

"Sammy he needed somewhere to stay!"

"He said he would stay at a hotel but you just had to invite him in!"

"I was being nice okay? Just get off my ass." I turned around to head to the kitchen.

"Whatever." she mumbled and stormed out of the house.

"Where are you going?!"

"Anywhere but here!" she yelled and slammed the door shut.

*SAMMY POV*

I was so mad at Grace. I just don't get it. When she broke up with Joseph 4 years ago she said she never wanted to speak to him again, and now she has googly eyes for him. It sickens me.

I swear I saw the way they looked at each other. I just needed to get out of there. I didn't know where to go, so I just drove to Hayes' house.

"He-... Sammy?" Hayes asked when he opened the door.

"Hi." I said frustratedly and I shoved past him and walked into the house.

"What's wrong?"

"Grace is what's wrong."

"Wait, you got into a fight? You two never fight!" he sounded really surprised.

"She's pissing me off! Last night, Joseph showed up at our door!" I yelled as I paced around the room.

"Who's Joseph?"

"Remember that guy she dated years ago who cheated on her? Him."

"What is he doing here?" he questioned. Hayes was still watching me practically melt down.

"I don't know! He said he 'found' our address through someone. That's fucking weird." I started to bite at my nails.

"Why did he come to see you?"

"Oh not me, Grace." I stopped walking around and stared at Hayes.

"What?" he sounded angry now.

"Yeah and he said he's still in love with her."

"WHAT?" he screamed.

"And she let him stay over last night so he wouldn't have to stay at a hotel!" Hayes' face was red and his hands were in fists.

He let a big breath out. "Why would she do that?"

"I don't know. But all I do know is that they looked pretty friendly." I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe they will just be friends." he suggested.

"Hayes! He cheated on her, then four years later he comes back confessing and she suddenly forgave him and she was sad when he left and I'm mad at her so she's mad at me and I just, I just don't know what to do because we've never gotten in a fight before and I... I don't know." I didn't even realize that a few tears had fallen.