𝟬𝟬𝟰.

AS SOON AS THE WEDDING WAS OVER, Theodore and Ramona were on a plane flying to Tahiti where they tried to get as much sleep as possible. And when they landed, they took a speedboat over to the Bora Bora hotel. After being shown around the islands, they went to the restaurant and grabbed a bite before heading to their bungalow that stood over the clear lagoon.

When they got to their bungalow, Ramona squealed before jumping onto the bed. "This place is gorgeous," Ramona sighed as Theodore joined her on the bed, "I feel like I'm at paradise,"

"Same here, and did you see those clear waters. Feels like we're at a huge swimming pool," Theodore grinned as he pulled her into a deep kiss. "I can't believe we're married," he smiled before pulling her back into another deep kiss as they fell into a frenzy of lovemaking.

The next morning, Ramona woke up to a wonderful smell of waffles and coffee. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, the morning sun seeped through the curtains, her clothes were thrown on the floor, and Theodore was nowhere -

"Morning, Bunny," Theodore murmured, his voice raspy like every other morning, "I ordered room service," He was wearing a hotel robe and a pair of grey sweats. Ramona smiled blissfully before slipping into a green slip silk dress before joining him for breakfast.

She happily ate everything as Theodore laughed as he watched her eat. "You eat well," he complimented as Ramona scoffed

"We dated for two years, and we just got married and you still have no clue how to compliment a girl," she quipped, "But yes, I eat well, I've always eaten well,"

"Then I'll make sure you'll always eat well," Theodore grinned

"All of my hard work doing my morning flying yoga classes will go down the drain," Ramona argued, "How do you expect me to keep my figure?"

"I could help you with that," Theodore teased as Ramona grimaced before throwing one of her waffles at him. He tried to dodge it, but alas failed miserably as he glared at her before throwing a piece of fruit at her. The food fight went on for two rounds which ended in a fit of giggles.

Later during the day, they decided to hang out on the balcony of their. "Beautiful isn't it?" Ramona asked, admiring the crystal clear waters.

"The most," Theodore said, admiring the hints of Ramona's beautiful body showing through her gauzy white cover-up.

As if reading his mind, Ramona stood up. "Have you ever swum naked in a hidden lagoon before?" she asked, as she removed the linen cover-up.

"No?" Theodore asked in alarm.

"There's a first time for everything," Ramona said as she slipped off her white string bikini and dove into the lagoon. Theodore reflexively looked around for a moment to make sure they were alone, took off his swimming trunks, and dove in after her.

They glided through the crystal-clear water for a while, peering at all the colorful fish darting about the coral reef, the sea anemones waving their fingers Zen-like in the current, the giant clams embedded in the sand that would open for a split second to suck in water before shutting again forcefully. They floated on their backs in the middle of the lagoon, staring up at the passing clouds, and then Theodore took Ramona in his arms, lifted her out of the water, and made love to her on the deck of their bungalow, their moans of ecstasy echoing in the lagoon as they became one with nature, with the sea and sky.

Afterward, Theodore lay on his back against the wood. He was beginning to doze off in the sun, slightly hypnotized by the palm fronds undulating in the breeze over him. Suddenly the sound of chattering voices began to fill the air. "What's that?" he asked lazily.

"Tourists, probably," Ramona replied.

"Tourists? What?" Theodore bolted up and saw a gaggle of people in bright yellow T-shirts swim near their area

"Fuck! Where are my swim trunks?" Theodore scrambled around, trying to find them. "You didn't tell me there could be tourists."

"Of course- it's a freaking hotel, Teddy!" Ramona giggled at the sight of Theodore rushing around naked on the beach, trying to find his trunks.

"Oy, mate! You looking for these?" an Aussie surfer shouted from the other side of the lagoon, holding up Theodore's blue-and-white trunks.

"Yes, thanks!" Ramona shouted back. She turned to Theodore, who was hiding in the water in shame, still laughing. "Oh, come on out! You have nothing to be ashamed of!"

"I never knew my wife would ever want to make love spontaneously in a lagoon or walk around naked on a beach in front of a bunch of Australian tourists," Theodore said as they sat having lunch in the restaurant on the island.

"Oh, please. If I lived on an island full time, I would walk around naked all day long. So a few people see me naked on a secluded beach in one of the remotest places on earth. Who cares? I'm proud of my body, I have nothing to hide. But of course, my mother would freak if I ever liked like that," Ramona shrugged

"Your mother has always driven you half-crazy," Theodore said as he piled another big helping of guinataang sugpo over his garlic rice.

"I know, and it's not all her fault. She said some terrible things to me, but I've already forgiven her. She's damaged herself-look, this was a woman that was born during World War II, in the midst of the most unimaginable horrors occurring in Singapore. How could she not have internalized all the experiences of my grandparents? My grandfather was imprisoned by the Japanese and barely escaped the firing squad, my grandmother was covertly helping to organize resistance efforts while being a new mother and trying not to get killed herself."

Theod nodded. "I get it,"

Ramona looked out onto the view of the peaceful cove below the terrace. "Scientists talk about how we inherit health issues from our parents through our genes, but we also inherit this entire lineage of fear and pain - generations of it. I can acknowledge whenever my mother is reacting out of this fear, but the most powerful thing I've realized is that I'm not responsible for her pain. I won't make her fears mine any longer and I don't want to pass them on to my future kids!"

Theo stared at Ramona, pondering her words. "I love you," he decided as Ramona blushed, "Seriously. How was I so lucky to have such an awesome wife like you?"

Ramona shrugged, smiling.

After lunch, they decided to go atv-ing through the bora bora jungle. They drove through the jungles, the only town, and they first arrived at the top of a mountain that overlooked the entire island. At dinner, they spent their evening enjoying dinner and enjoying life as a married couple.

During those three weeks of staying there, they spent it tanning, chilling at the beach, sipping cocktails, driving jet skis in the ocean, they went swimming with sharks, pet stingrays, they cared for turtles, they went snorkeling, hiking, going on helicopter rides, eating sushi, they bought black pearls in vaitape, and a whole lot of sex.