19. welcome home

Aurora and Kai departed after their brief conversation about the status of their relationship? Friendship? Friends who kiss? Aurora wasn't even sure what it was exactly, she just knew they definitely weren't just friends. Aurora understands that this is all new to Kai, feelings and relationships and human interactions, she didn't mind, or at least she pretended she didn't mind. Whatever she had with Kai was way different than what she ever had with Tyler and even Enzo, sure she snuck around with Enzo a lot, but by the time they broke up, people knew about them.

And as for Tyler, that was just a short summer time romance. It didn't last as long as Aurora wanted it to last, but it was good that it didn't last looking back. She needed to get her heart broken, so she knew what to not look for in a relationship. She just hopes that she can keep her friends who kiss thing with Kai a secret, especially from Caroline. That girl is so good at reading her sister she can't keep anything from her. Damon and Bonnie would be on the top of her list to keep the secret from too, they saw Kai and know what he's capable of firsthand, so if they caught wind that Kai was back in the real world, and Aurora helped bring him back, without any threats behind it, they'd probably never forgive her or think she's gone crazy.

Aurora still stood outside in the rain, observing the Salvatore House in all it's glory. She wondered if Damon and Stefan were home, or if Elena was there, maybe Caroline and Matt were there too. Who knows. She's scared to face them, she was suppose to see them yesterday, but got convinced by Kai to stay another day in the prison world for "one last day of fun" which she did. She did have fun. Aurora took a deep breathe and approached the steps that led up to the door, she raised her wrist up to the door and knocked 3 times.

She wasn't even sure what time it was, it seemed late, but not too late, so she hoped that someone was home and awake. The door creaked open in front of her, and standing before her was Damon Salvatore who had looked like he saw a ghost. "Rory?" he mumbled. Aurora's eyes began to fill with tears, she was home, "Hi, Damon" she croaked, she wiped her tears, "I made it" she added, smiling at him. "Is it really you or a figment of my imagination?" he asked, Aurora lightly chuckled, "It's really me, you're not drunk"

Damon smiled and pulled the younger girl in for a tight hug, her head was in his chest, he had one of his hands wrapped around her head, the other around her back. "I'm so glad you're okay. When you didn't show yesterday, we thought Kai did something" Damon said into her head. Aurora tensed up slightly, luckily it went unnoticed by Damon. Now was the time to lie, to everyone. "No, he didn't, just some minor complications. All good" she assured, Damon pulled out the hug, moving his hands down to grip onto her arms, "You're freezing, come in, take a shower, I'll call the others" Damon said gesturing her inside.

"Thanks" she smiled, "You can borrow some clothes Elena's left here, should be a bag in my bedroom, you know where it is" he jokes, Aurora playfully scoffs, "Yeah, once you and Bonnie were gone, I moved in there. Your shower and bed were great" she compliments, he hums in return, "Yeah, 1994 me had an amazing mattress, I miss that mattress" he sighs, Aurora smiled and made her way upstairs to where Damon's room was. "Damon, who was at the door-" Stefan walks out his room, cutting himself off once he sees who it is. "Aurora?" Stefan's eyes widen, she smiles back at him, "Yeah, hey, Stefan" she said.

He returned the smile, "It's good to have you back" he nodded at her, "It's good to be back" she said, he smiled at her again and walked back into his room, Aurora walked into Damon's room and saw the Elena's bag that he mentioned before. She grabbed a shirt and a pair of sweatpants, considering everything else in there was jeans, tank tops or something flashy, and Aurora just wanted to be comfortable right now. She held the clothes and walked towards the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. She placed the dry clothes in one spot, alongside a towel and turned on the shower. It didn't take long to warm up, and once it was warm enough she stripped down out of her wet clothes, and put them aside to dry later, and hoped into the shower.