Chapter 3

Let the light guide your way, hold every memory as you go. And every road you take will always lead you home. ~ See you again by Wiz Khalifa

The next day I couldn't wait to tell my friends about Ethan. The Outsider. Why couldn't I stop thinking about him?

"So you finally showed up?" One of my best friends, Louis, said jokingly.

"Oh, I know that look, it's a guy right?" My other friend Riley pried.

Riley had black hair with the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen, she wore a black vest with a band t-shirt underneath, black jeans and combat boots. Though her appearance may seem threatening she was really a sweet girl.

Louis was the blondie of our group, he had green eyes and a lip ring, he got it a while back with a few of his friends as a dare. He was pretty much the glue that kept us together.

I blushed, "Yeah..."

"Oh! Who is it? What's his name?" I would never get Riley to shut up now.

"Ethan Carter. He's an Outsider."

"Sh," Louis hissed. "An Outsider?! That's illegal, you know what happened to your dad? Well that'll happen to him if you don't keep your mouth shut."

That shut me up. Louis had never been that harsh before.

"Shut up Louis, if you want to be rude go play video games or something while Bella and I girl talk. So Bella, what does he look like? Is he hot?"

I buried my face in my hands, my face was burning from embarrassment. After Louis left I explained to her what happened. "Riles, you can't tell anyone this."

She frantically nodded. "I want my own Outsider, he sounds cool."

I noticed the time. Five o-clock, usually the time I go to the wall at. "Sorry Riles but I gotta go."

I went from our area in the forest all the way to my place at the wall. It wasn't a long walk but it was a long run, and that's exactly what I did to get there in hopes of seeing Ethan.

Sure enough there he was. "Hey Outsider!"

"'Sup Insider!" I giggled at his nickname for me.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"Twenty, you?"

"Nineteen but I'm going to turn twenty in a month. Favorite color?"

"Blue, yours?"

"Purple."

After my little game of twenty questions I learned more about him. Like he had a brother and a sister, he was the middle child and his birthday was about a month ago, August 10th.

When we were finished I was ready to ask the question that had been on my mind since yesterday. I was about to ask it when I heard a twig snap, there was time for only one question.

"Meet here tomorrow at the same time?" I asked.

He nodded and ran off. I went in the direction of the noise. The guard gave me the usual speech and led me back to my house.

Why was my mind always so consumed with him?