Chapter 17

It's the moment of truth and the moment to lie. And the moment to live and the moment to die. The moment to fight, the moment to fight, To fight, to fight, to fight. ~ This is war by 30 seconds to Mars

After our little confession, forced confession may I add, Ethan and I decided it was time to get some sleep. I went to my room and slept. Riley gave me and unhappy look about it but I didn't care.

-----

That morning we got ready like any other morning except for the fact of gun holsters and the guns themselves. I still detested them but I wasn't going to complain. I was gonna do anything I could to get Desiree and my mom out of there.

"Everyone ready?!" Andrew yelled.

Everyone then gathered in the living room. Louis looks like he hadn't gotten any sleep.

"Everyone remember the plan?" Andrew asked.

Ethan groaned, "How could we forget when you basically chanted it while getting ready."

Typical Ethan.

"Okay then let's get going," of course Andrew ignored it.

We filed out of the house. Andrew leading and Ethan behind us, I stood between Ethan and Louis. We were only a group of five, but we were determined.

We crossed the border and stopped when we made it into the domes territory. We got quieter, with Louis, Riley and I leading.

The sky was a bright blue, white puffy clouds dotting it here and there. The sky looked painted with water color, peaceful. The exact opposite of what was about to go down.

We mostly traveled through the woods but as we got closer to the headquarters they got thinner and thinner so we eventually had to hide in alleyways and behind buildings.

Finally, we made it to the back entrance. As we guessed, there were only two guards. Andrew and Ethan had quickly moved in front of Riley and I, boys.

Two shots were fired and the guards fell. If possible we got even quieter knowing the the gunfire would alarm people.

Once Andrew hacked the keypad on the door we opened it and as stealthily as we could sneaked through the halls. We walked in a line, Andrew in front next to Riley and Louis in the middle, Ethan took place in line behind me and I was behind Louis.

Our guns were lowered bout we were tense, ready for anything to come our way. The walls were pure white and very dull, like it took away all your uniqueness, I shuddered at the thought.

We walked further down the hall and it split off into three sections, left, right or straight. Without hesitation Ethan spoke, "Left."

We took a couple more turns, it was quiet, it seemed as though we were the only one in the headquarters. It took a few more turns go someone to finally voice my thoughts.

"Wait," everyone stopped at the sound of Riley's voice. "Doesn't it seem too quiet?"

Everyone murmured in agreement.

"Why don't we stop a-"

Ethan was cut off by an unfamiliar voice yelling, "Halt and drop your weapons!"

Guards swarmed around us, the only person who showed no sign of fear or surprise was Andrew.

I was in shock, "Andrew? What's going on?" Riley asked him quietly.

Suddenly Andrew turned on us, a completely different look on his face, "You heard the guard."

Ethan looked the most torn, we all followed the guards instructions. Andrew collected them.

The guards pushed us away from Andrew and down the hall. We did nothing to stop them because we were still in shock, our brains refused to believe the Andrew of all people could be working with them.

We were placed in a prison cell, Desiree and my mom weren't in the prison but one other man was. None of us said one word, we knew that we had to get out but it would be kind of a useless attempt without any weapon.

"Did you see a young girl and someone who kinda looked like an older version of me in here?" I asked the man.

The man nodded, "Yes, the guards just took them for execution."