Chapter 4

One day you'll leave this world behind so live a life you will remember, these are the nights that never die. ~ The nights by Avicii

She was interesting, everything about her. She consumed my every thought. Though most of those thoughts were just memories of our little moments together.

I knew it would never work, as it is the fact that I'm an Outsider and she lives inside the dome gets between us. But for once I didn't care about the consequences, I knew what they were for me, death. For her it'd be prison, just for talking with me.

But, for once, I didn't care.

My brother met me at the door as I walked back, "Let me guess, you're going back there tomorrow."

I nodded, "At five."

"You know I'm against it right?"

"Yeah, you know I'm going to do it anyway right?"

He nodded, I made a move to go in but he stopped me. "There's a meeting tonight, we should get going soon other wise we'll be late."

"Okay let's get going then, won't want to be late after the last meeting."

My brother and I walked down the street of run-down houses. Those houses are just a cover up though. The people in the dome don't want anybody to be outside of it, so if they find an Outsider, they kill them. The run-down houses make it seem like no one has lived here for ages, but underneath them there's a huge elaborate tunneling system.

Andrew and I could've just traveled underground but we like the scenery, even if it's all practically ash from the bombings.

We have a court system, and Andrew and I were just lucky enough to be out on it. When we got the the building we went to the concealed underground passage. I went first and Andrew went next.

The walls were made of steel, we walked through the tunnel until we reached a door like all the others, made of steel. Inside was the board room. There was a long rectangular table, Andrew and I sat next to each other toward the middle.

Everyone started coming in after us. Once everyone, about fifteen people, came in the leader turned to me.

"So, Ethan, how'd the dome go for you?" He asked.

I cleared my throat, it was still weird talking in front of so many people, even after being on the council for two years.

"Well-" I started but was interrupted when the door abruptly opened.

"Someone from the dome has come!" The person said.

Everyone stood, "What?!" They yelled.

"She claims she knows you Ethan," the person then added.

I pushed everyone out of my way. It had to be Isabella, but what was she doing here?