Chapter 13

I don't know where you're going but do you got room for one more troubled soul? I don't know where I'm going but I don't think I'm coming home and I said I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead. This is the road to ruin and we're starting at the end. ~ Alone together by Fall Out Boy

I listened to the pitter patter of the rain against my library window. I've been staring out of it since I got home. I didn't even notice the front door open and someone walking into the library until their hand was on my shoulder.

I jumped a mile into the air. I turned around with a steely glare. There was Louis with his hands held up in surrender. Riley was standing behind him.

"What do you guys want?" I asked exasperatedly.

"Bella, do you know how long you've been staring out of the window?" Riley asked.

"Um, a couple hours?" I asked unsurely.

"Two days to be exact." She responded.

"Why?" Louis asked.

"I honestly have no clue."

"Well you need to get to the wall. Ethan will not stop bothering us." Riley said.

"Really?" That got my attention. I honestly have no clue as to why but it did. "Fine, I'll go."

I stood up and my legs cracked in multiple places. "Maybe you should freshen up a bit before you go." Riley suggested.

Then I noticed how greasy my hair was. I nodded and went up stairs to my room. Honestly all I wanted to do right now is curl up on my bed and sleep. But my friends would be worried and would never leave me alone so I decided against it.

After an hour consisting of taking a shower, brushing my hair, brushing my teeth, and many other things Riley finally labeled me as presentable.

"Finally! I'm leaving now," I informed her and walked out the door.

The rain drumming against the window earlier was just a drizzle compared to what it is now. Now it was a full on thunder storm. Much like what was going on in my head.

I ran into the forest, getting drenched along the way. When I made it to the wall Ethan was sitting on a log in the area.

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous," I called to him jokingly.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Riley told me you wouldn't leave her and Louis alone and that you were waiting for me. Is that true?" I asked

During our talk we were constantly stepping closer to each other. Until there was almost no space separating us. I had to tilt my head up in order to look into his blue eyes.

We finally accepted the challenge we posed by stepping forward and he gently pressed his lips against mine. In that moment there was no cloudy mind, filled with the looming threat of the dome, or a kidnapped mother or a dead father. All there was, was Ethan and I, that's all that mattered.