Chapter 8

If I lay here, if I just lay here would you lie with me and just forget the world? - Chasing cars by Snow Patrol

"Desiree..."

"Yeah," she answered dreamily.

She'd been like this ever since have met Louis. I think he broke her.

There was a knock and Isabella strolled in, this had been happening a lot too.

"Hey, you know how you offered me a while ago you offered me like a speech for your council to take down the dome."

"Yeah..." I answered unsurely.

"Well, I'll take you up on that whenever it's best for you."

"I think we have a meeting tonight, I'll bring you."

"Okay, I'll just hang out here and try to avoid your brother until then."

I laughed at her comment. "C'mon, my brothers not all that bad, it's just when our parents died a while back we became his responsibility. He only wants to protect my sister and I, even if you could legally move out of we wanted."

"I think Louis is the same with me, he only wants to keep me safe. He was always there for me even after he found out my dad was murdered. Since then we've been best friends, I think he only wants to make sure I don't do anything that I'll regret later."

I looked at my watch, "We better get going if we want to be on time." I got up and Isabella followed me out of my house.

"Oh, by the way Ethan, the look on her face was lovesick," I practically stared at Isabella.

"So, what your saying is, my baby sister, is in love?"

"Basically."

Well that makes me feel like I haven't done a good job of the older brother role.

Once everyone was in the meeting room they kept staring at Isabella. Andrew was giving her the death glare and I have him one right back.

"What is she doing here?" Our 'leader', Jacob Marx, asked me.

"I brought her," I stated.

"Well you shouldn't've, you're already in enough trouble and bringing someone from the dome here is an even bigger offense."

"But I don't like the dome, I was stupidly blind before, my dads murder should've opened my eyes but it didn't. Now my moms kidnapped, the dome is messed up but still I need to go back every now and then because if I don't, they'll kill my mom." She paused for a moment, "It wasn't my choice where I was born but it is my choice of where I'm going, I may not even know that yet but I do know that I'm going to get my mom back with or without your guys' help."

She spoke with such confidence that that even Jacob's steely demeanor seemed to brake, but only for a second. Even Andrew's glare stopped for a second.

"Alright, I'll give you one chance. Don't blow it." I almost started celebrating, almost, but everything with him came at a price.

"What else?" I asked.

"Whenever she is here she can't go anywhere without you, you'll be her guide, keep and eye on her." With that the meeting was dismissed.