Chapter 12

And when the storm ends it leaves us nothing except a memory a distant echo ~ When the storm ends by Snow Patrol

After Isabella left I went to track down Jacob. I need to know what he was talking about. Much to Andrew's protest Desiree came with.

"Why did you come with again?" I asked, for like the millionth time, according to her.

"Like I said before, Isabella's my friend too and you'll need help."

We were walking to his house, by her suggestion. I suggested going to the training center but of course I was wrong.

"What do you want?" Jacob's voice echoed when he opened his door.

Desiree gave me an 'I told you so' look. "We want to know what you know about Isabella's father."

He seemed to consider this for a moment. "Okay, come in." He stood away from the door to let us in.

We walked into his living room and sat on his couch. We sat down across from us.

"Well, his name was Robert James, he was born on April 9, 1972. He was killed by the dome's government because he was doing research when he discovered us, obviously they didn't want anyone finding out so they made sure he couldn't spread the news. "

"What exactly did he find out?" I asked.

"That's top secret information."

"So you're telling me that my brother, whose on the council, doesn't have access to this information?" Desiree asks.

"Yes, but soon we're have a vote to see if your brother will stay on the council or not."

"Why?" I asked, I get that I haven't necessarily been following the rules lately but I didn't really think they'd kick me out of the council.

"I think you know why."
He turned to me from looking at Desiree.

"Is hanging out with Isabella really that big of a deal?"

"It's not just Isabella, it's also your pranks that you pull. Everyone on the council is tired of them."

"I haven't done any recently..." I trailed off after that.

"Either way I can't tell you. The higher ups would kill me."

"Whatever," I stood up. "You kicking me off the council means absolutely nothing."

I stormed out of his house, Desiree was scrambling to keep up with me.

I have to make sure the council votes for me to stay.