Rush

With nervousness taking over me,
I immediately got up from the bed making way into the restroom.
Today I was not only oblivious about what was about to happen, but also deprived of Wonwoo's company.
He didn't even bother to check up on me.
How silly, he's injured he can't come by himself. I shouldve gone to him!
But it's always me... Aishhhhh shut up!
I put a stop to the million thoughts in my head after I entered the room after showering.
That's when my heart felt like it came out of the socket,
Yes when I saw Wonwoo politely sitting on the bed I was in a while ago, one leg over another, waiting with his palms enjoined.

"Is there a ghost?", he cluelessly looked behind him.

"Why are you so alarmed to see me?", he added.

"no no it's just-"

"Well, you should get ready... There are clothes in this closet.", he pointed to a tall inbuilt closet.

"F.. For me?", I asked.

"No they were just there..", his eyes swerved from my line of sight.

"I'm right outside.", he stood up and left for outside, walking almost perfectly now.
I was glad to see him recovering quickly.
.
.
In about ten minutes, I stepped outside wearing a decent dress, not much revealing, rather humble than flashy.
"You look....nice.", Wonwoo gradually looked up and down on my attire.

"Nice..haha", I laughed awkwardly, hoping he would notice the abstract wall of longing between us and redeem upon it.
But there was no sign of something such.
Neither did he pursue any conversation about last night nor did I mention about it.
Although his interest seemed to be piqued at something I couldn't pinpoint, there was an unusual silence between us.
How I miss just yesterday when we were all happy and playing by.

We walked upto the corridor of a room with wooden doors latched on the inside when Wonwoo took in a deep breath and said,
"Wait here.. I'll go first"
Maybe he was nervous about introducing me to her just as much as I was.

"Wonwoo... I'm getting a weird feeling about this.", I confessed.

He only pat my hand and gave it a light squeeze before pushing the door to go inside.
What would he say,
'she's the one whom I got in an accident with?'
She would just kill me.
Or something like
'she's just a friend I brought home for the first time?'
In any way, I didn't quite understand the need to be introduced headfirst.

Just as a guardian angel, Jungkook walked out of the room and puzzled at my sight.

"Y/nnie what are you doing here this place is a red flag...
I live here but I seldom wanna play around this zone", he hushed me away from the door grabbing my shoulders.

"umm Wonwoo said I had to be introduced to his mother.", I scratched my head in anxiousness.

"Ohh.."

"Bad timing", he suddenly added.

"Wonwoo is probably in there getting scolded in the most sophisticated way possible... You know..
For disappearing without telling anyone.", he tried peeping inside.

"Anyways he will take care of it I guess"

"You guess?", I gulped.

Soon after Jungkook left for his band practice, it got a tad bit too silent around me, causing my anxiousness to drown me in a pool.
And then it happened.
The door opened without making any sound and I expected to see Wonwoo.
Instead, there came the head maid who gestured me to follow her... But in the direction opposite to the room.

She led me to the living space now about which I absolutely did not have a good feeling.

"Miss Y/n.
What does your family do.. You know what I mean?", the lady crankily asked.

I knew I had fallen in hate at first sight with her, but with this question she was basically deciding her tone to talk to me.
So I decided to take the wayward path.

"Just business.. Both of them", I replied.

"Miss Y/n, I hope you know that this is the Jeon mansion and the man you injured with your car last week is worth more than this entire estate alone and a lot more.", she had her head held high.

"What... I never injured him what are you even saying?", I protested.

"I suppose I need to tell you what sir told his mother...", the confidence in her tone was making me scared.
"You, Miss y/n, met with an accident on last Saturday which caused Sir Wonwoo to sprain his leg and cause a minor fracture to his forearm.
Not only that, his bike was also left behind by you, which rendered him unable to return home. You.. Miss.. kept him as a hostage for your ulterior motives.

Do you know we can sue you for your actions?" her gentle tone suddenly became harsh as she glared at me.

"Nonsense.
I saved his life... I took care of him all this time."
Although I had not much idea about the Jeons but I was just so sure that this man was worth fighting for.

"But do you deny any of these allegations we prepared to sue you against?", she questioned.

"I... I wanna see Wonwoo", I demanded.

"and I would like to advise you to leave this place while you still can.
Mrs. Jeon will surely not let this slide."

"and who are you to take decisions for her?", I didn't give up.

"My dear, it had all been decided last night. Everything clarified.
I'm working on Mrs. Jeon's orders.
Sir already told her the whole story.
She doesn't want a peasant like you to cling onto her son.", her assertion reminded me of the conversation I overheard last night.
Was this planned since beginning?
Did Wonwoo only bring me here to sue me?
It actually made more sense than introducing me to his mom as a friend.

"I'll tell you one thing;
Don't get into their business.
Rich people have their ways.", she whispered about the cruel reality as my faith in Wonwoo broke little by little.
This explains why he didn't even bother to calm me down when I told him I was scared.
Was it all really a hollow facade?

"After all the things I did for her son, this is how I get treated?"

I gulped. I had no idea what to do or say ahead which caused her to pressurize me even more,
"The Jeons don't need any favors from small people like you."

.
.