Desperation

The following morning, Wonwoo looked peculiarly drained. He ordered the servants to neither get him breakfast, nor lunch.
He simply layed in bed with the excuse of his 'aches' due to the former accident.
All he did was brood all day while occasionally zoning out in the direction of the clock.
While others wondered where his mind was, Wonwoo couldn't help but miss the girl he recently spent his time with, the one who gave him strength to endure pain, both physical and emotional.

How he wished to wake up to her smiling face in the early morning hours, her constant nagging which he used to despise, and her frequent glimpses at him, barely lasting one second.
How her little raptures brought joy to his heart and how he could never confidently express his unsure feelings in front of her.

She used to blush at times, whenever he did something to make her heart flutter.
At times Wonwoo was aware of it;
Because he too was suffering from the same disease-
Lovesickness.

.
.
As evening approached, Jungkook came from his usual band practice, which ended at seven.
He was informed of his elder brother being particularly distasteful in meals, meaning, he was abstaining from any sort of edibles.
All he asked for was, "More whiskey"

Infuriated by his childish behavior and concerned about Y/n as well, Jungkook made his way towards the stubborn elder's room.

"Wonwoo hyung, what is-", he paused in his tracks, almost unable to believe the sight in front of him.

What disturbed him was not the four bottles of alcohol aligned on the table, but the person sitting next to it, still sipping from his glass.
The fact that Wonwoo didn't pass out yet was terrifying as he saw his brother staring into the void, with eyes as drowsy as hell.

"Whoa

"Whoa.. Ive never seen that much liquor in your room!", Jungkook exclaimed.

Wonwoo never batted an eye to him until he finally added,

"Where's Y/n, why doesn't she smack the wits out of you?"

That's when he looked up.
Desperate eyes that looked deprived of sleep.
Almost as if asking his brother to drag him out of the misery.

"She...she's gone", Wonwoo only gulped the poison as if it was bitter medicine.

"What do you mean gone? Like GONE gone?", curiosity seemed to be taking over Jungkook.
He stood there as if, devoid of his senses as Wonwoo continued,

"she never told me she was leaving", Wonwoo's eyes wavered, as if he was holding in the tears.

"I need her.. Jungkook... I need her back", Wonwoo's body suddenly tensed up unlike the calm state he always remained in.

It was both bewildering and terrifying for the younger to see his always-composed sibling to be in such a turbulent state of mind.
Although he had never seen him implore for anything before, Jungkook knew when he first saw the look in Wonwoo's eyes regarding the girl.
He knew it could end up in a catastrophe.
True Love generally does.

While the younger was lost in contemplation, Wonwoo looked straight into Jungkook's eyes as a tear rolled down his cheek;

"I really love her."

Jungkook's heart sank for a second.

Another tear escaped his eyes as he tightly pitched them close and tried to wipe his tears.
Nevertheless, a sharp pain emanated from his hand making him realize that his right hand was still not to be moved.
All his pain seemed to have finally found him.
For Wonwoo, Y/n was like a painkiller, even those major injuries he incurred had never depleted his hope as much as the departure of his beloved did.

He flinched in pain yet again and let out a painful groan as Jungkook rushed to his side.

Jungkook held his brother firmly by the shoulders and asserted,

"Hyung.... Please calm down.."

"I CAN'T, I JUST CAN'T", Wonwoo was drunk by now, and Jungkook felt to him like his last bane of hope. He sniffed and composed himself only to break down a second later.
His tears just wouldn't stop.

"Please... Please..", Jungkook now couldn't see his brother in so much pain.
He had never been exposed to his brother's vulnerable side.
Now that he did, he just wanted the situation to just vanish.

He always had looked up to Wonwoo for being an emotionally strong person, but as this mirage crumbled before his own two eyes, Jungkook witnessed how much his brother had been holding in.
How even grown men need someone to share their pain with, to relieve their misery.

He gently caressed his brother's head who was drunk and agonizing.
He could figure how important Y/n was to Wonwoo and how it was the only thing his brother has ever wanted so deeply.

Another fact that he never could acknowledge was his own budding crush on the familiar girl. Although, he sensed his heart beating faster around Y/n, he never dared to feel it fully lest his brother should be betrayed.

But one thought troubled him.

"Was there a reason for her to run away?"

Before any absurd or demotivating thoughts could plunder his mind, Jungkook suddenly spoke,

"I will find her.", He assured his sibling with his hand firmly clasping upon the elder's.

"You will?", Wonwoo, whose sobs were softening by now, asked

"I promise you I will."

With this said, Wonwoo seemed to be gaining his senses little by little.
Sprawled in the younger's arms second ago, he got up and seated himself on the sofa.

.
.

"Did mom do something? Why did Y/n leave?", Jungkook asked when Wonwoo apparently stopped crying and sat upright, still in a melancholic  mood.

"I know mom's a nuisance but..."

Wonwoo, who didn't seemed to be in his senses, held jungkook's hand and said one last thing before passing out drunk.
Jungkook had never heard those words from him.
Goosebumps approached the innocent boy's skin when his brother said,

"I don't care if I loose everything I have.

I need her."

With this, giving into the fatigue embracing him, he fell on the bed, unconscious because of his liquor diet.

.
.