Venue

The car tyres halt in the most serene manner as I stepped unto a long blood red carpet particularly for the guests.
The preparations were luxurious and the decoration was extravagant.
After all, the party was meant for the richest personnel in the city;
Although I was not particularly interested in any of the showy blinding lights,
my mother's,
"you need to dress the best"  happened to let it be known to me  that many people from the entertainment and fashion industry were going to be present.

Anyways, for me, my best and only friend would be present, and that's enough.

So there was I, particularly in a beautiful evening gown tailor made for myself on mother's command.

"Girllll where the hell have you been", my best friend spotted me from across the hall and put her arm protectively around me.
Although I did let her know that I was using her name to stay out of house for a couple of days but I didn't relay her the details she was hungry for.

"long story.. I'll tell you.", I rolled my eyes with downturned shoulders.

"quick wear this", she handed me a lustrous silver masque with a feather decorating it.

"what?"

"This is a masquerade themed party. You can't remove your masque..duh", she spun her forearm in a circle indicating me to look around.

Everyone was in a masque. Nobody could be recognized.
"Damn.. It feels... Umm"

"like a dark academia princess?", she grinned.

"noo more like arranged marriage vibes", I put on my face of subtle disgust.
At least the masque will save me from social interaction.

Soon after the party started for maybe the guest list was complete or something, the doors were closed.

"What is this... Are they gonna shoot us??"

I noticed how the lights suddenly got dim... Revealing the tender purple lights underneath the silky white curtains which faced a gold hue to the room.
Oh how beautiful.

Slow music from multiple violins now seemed to have pitched up a bit. A whole orchestra with a conductor was present with instruments I learnt the name of when I was a kid.
I don't remember any though.

Steadily the girl beside me bowed down to me and asked for my hand in the most sophisticated Victorian style.
Although we lacked corsets or partners, fantasies were something we both were always fond of.

While slightly dancing in the comfortable arms of a lady, I sighed,

"I didn't think I would say this but I'm liking the vibe here.
Who's party is this anyway?"

"yeah right it-"

Before she could utter another word, a tall, slender girl came swooshing up right next to our duo along with her partner in a tuxedo and signaled something which made my best friend smile so wide that she abandoned me instantaneously.
Technically the dance was going on and maybe she didn't dare to break the uniformity.

I did not feel jealous! Okay.
I mean my best friend having another best friend?

"omgg hiii"

"gosh how did you even recognize me?", she asked the girl with blonde hair.

"oh wait. Do I..", I was plain ignored before caught by the arms of another.
It was a man with a black colored masque on, decorated by a similar feather on the side.
Perhaps only one person designed all the masques.

What hurt me more than dancing half heartedly in the arms of a stranger was the fact that my best friend did not even care to explain the barter which just happened.
I was so deeply zoned out while dangling in my dance steps that I didn't even care to notice that the man in front of me was doing the same.

As I noticed the light grasp on my waist, I looked up to see who I was dancing with. The man's entire mien was not quite visible due to the dim lights but I could tell that he had no signs of a smile on his face.
Maybe he too was uncomfortable about dancing with a stranger.

The man was of a height similar to someone I knew and had a particularly unkempt hairstyle.
I figured he was a man from the high society nevertheless by looking at his footsteps during the dance and how he held my waist almost negligibly but as soon as he took me by my hand to give me a twirl in the middle of the dance, I felt a familiar cold palm touch mine.

It seemed as if I recognized the hand just by the temperature of it, but then again, the man looked unconcerned.

"something wrong?", a raspy voice suddenly inquired in the most gentle manner as our pair came to a burning halt.

Yes.
A lot.
In that exact moment, I felt my heart skip one or two beats as I held my breath.
Adrenaline gushed forth in my blood as I jerked my hand off from his loose grasp and made my way out of the dance floor without any second thoughts.

It was him.
I'm sure it was him.
Nobody can tell me it wasn't him.

I was practically hyperventilating when someone tapped on my shoulder.
Mom.

I let out four to five heavy breaths before saying,
"Mom let's go I dont feel well."

"what happened?", she looked at me with concern.

"it's just my... My-", I was cut off by a woman approaching my mom, also in a white-gold masque.

"Oh hello darling..."

"My my, I almost didn't recognize you.
You look wonderful", I heard voices fading out before the two women went away to carry on their chit chat.
WHYYY
WHY DID MY MOM HAVE TO DO THAT
NOW!

I had no one to speak about the dilemma so I stood in a corner, shaking my right leg incessantly and biting my nails occasionally.
Anyone could tell I was nervous.
But nobody could even guess how much.

.
.
/*Flashback 4 hours ago*/

In the Jeon mansion was an utter dilemma to be handled.
Their elder master was nowhere to be seen.

"Jungkook is he here yet? It's an important day.", Mrs. Jeon spoke in a very demanding tone.

Jungkook preferred to be silent.

"Why doesn't he understand it is important for me to show up with both of my sons.
What will people say if my elder son did not show up with me?", she seemed enraged but worry bit the rage out of it.

"they'll just say he didn't show up with you", the younger bit his lip ring in anticipation.
He was aware that his mother was strict, Hella strict.
But he knew his brother was stubborn.
And he probably got it from their mother.

"Don't spew nonsense. Call him and tell him to come this instant. I'm getting late.", she ordered and he served.

After two missed called and eight beeps the receiver finally answered.

"Yeah. What?"

"Mom is angry. You gotta come bro"

"I'm playing golf with Wooshik.

Tell her I can't make it."

"LISTEN HERE JEON WONWOO.
COME HERE OR SHE'LL SHUT THE WHOLE GOLF COURSE DOWN."

"Aishh don't yell pabo"

"PABO? yahh I shouldn't have to call you again you ungrateful jerk."

Jungkook cut the call in extreme rage and tilted his head with a jerk in disbelief. As soon as he raised his eyes to meet his mother's, he innocently called back his brother on speaker and said,

"please.. Please my brother just come."

"shii- okay but I won't make any efforts to dress up"

"we'll see about that.", Mrs. Jeon spoke before finally going out of the room.

.
.