Identity

"hey.. Hey are you awake?"

"wake up"

I tried waking him up, but to no avail.
His grasp on my arm became tighter and tighter as he tried to pull me closer.
He seemed to be in so much pain even in his sleep.

"Okay okay", I shh him quietly while proceeding to sit down on a stool right next to his bed.
I then shifted his grasp from my arms bringing his hand down clasping it tightly in mine.
He must be having some nightmare.
As if the incomprehensible silence was a serene lullaby, slowly, my eyes gave in to the sleep I most dearly needed.

Little did I know;
While I drifted off to sleep, a pair of eyes kept guard at mine.
A hand other than that in my grasp, traced my hair, gently tucking it behind my ear.

Had I been aware, how would my heart have felt?

.
.
The next morning I was slightly shaken by someone.
Opening my eyes against the bright sunlight illuminating the room was like a fierce battle.
However, my eyes relaxed when someone's palm successfully eclipsed my face from the window.

"Whoahh you're awake?", I sat right up as I regain my senses.

The man only looked away and plainly ignored me.

"Mr. Jeon is free to go today.", the doctor left after giving an assuring smile to us.

"Be careful though, he sustained a lot of injuries.
I hope your girlfriend will take care of you", a nurse nearby patted the stranger's shoulder.

"girlf... Ppft...

Well... Yeah", I was about to interject but I just played along so that I didn't have to tarry with paperwork any longer.
The doctor took his leave.

The man blankly stared at me for a few minutes before breaking the silence,
"You can leave"

"reaally? thank-- na na I'll just... Lets call someone from your family.
They'll come fetch you", I suggested.

"They won't bother doing so.", he coldly replied.
There was no sadness nor regret in his tone.
As if it was a normal thing for him.

"such a pain", I whispered under my breath.

"Ahhh..", he supported his tilted head.

"Are you that maniac who never moved aside on the road??", he squinted to take a good look at me.