Marriage

The excitement of the ladies still hadn't quite died down when the spotlight suddenly fell on someone.

"I'm pretty sure you all must have even thought of names for our future child haha", Jungkook walked closer to the stage clasping his hands together.

"... But I'll appreciate if you support an important decision of mine."

The crowd was taken aback by the sudden announcement.

"For all these years since our birth.. mother and brother has been taking care of me.
It's about time I do something for them."

People were something more than astounded seeing Wonwoo stepping up on the stage, making an official public appearance for the first time.
...well not technically appearance since he was still in disguise of a mask, but seeing how he had always passed along any opportunity which required responsibility...
Even Mrs. Jeon did not interrupt her sons.

"Hello everyone I'm Wonwoo...", the silence became awkward for him as Jungkook continued,

"Mother, I'll admit I was the one supposed to be engaged to Miss Y/n.
.
.
But if I marry before my elder brother,
Wouldn't I be disregarding my brother's seniority?"

Mrs. Jeon definitely was cunning, but she still couldn't quite put a finger on what her reckless youth was playing at.
Thus, surrounded by ladies and gentlemen of honor, she simply smiled and nodded at Jungkook.

"Mother you have always treated both of us equally, in terms of prevlidges or affection.. You have always loved us equally", Wonwoo was definitely buttering his mother with words.
It was evident from her face, the fact that his, advancingly gloomy elder son was being so notoriously cheesy.

Yet she could only elegantly smile at whatever was cooking.

"So today...", Jungkook raised his voice in enthusiasm.

"I request you to shower the blessings of this betrothal to my beloved brother...
Jeon Wonwoo."

"only if the lady over here agrees.",he pointed at me with a gentle smile.
I returned the smile with an assuring one.

Everyone looked at Jungkook as if he was a hero in a romantic theatre play, sacrificing his life for love.
Little did anyone know, there was a long backstory to it.

The ladies murmured among themselves while Mrs. Jeon ran out of words.

It was obvious that Wonwoo never spoke in matters regarding business, let alone a marriage proposal.
It was known that since the elder did not consider marriage appropriate, the younger had to bear the weight.

Jungkook was only arranged to be married to Y/n because Wonwoo did not own up to it.

Hence it only stirred the lady Jeon to answer on such a flickering opinion.

As Mrs Jeon was about to stare Jungkook into stepping down like every typical mom, a voice caught her attention.

"I feel like... I..have been neglecting my duties so far.
I've only made trouble for mother in my youth ages and... Haha.. I guess it's still going", Wonwoo grabbed the attention of the public as he took off his mask.

The gentlemen at the party gossiped among themselves how well suiting the heir of Jeon labels was while some women regretted not grabbing the chance to get their daughters married to the same.
A wave of opinions was followed by silence.

Wonwoo one again spoke

Wonwoo one again spoke...but this time his words astonished Mrs. Jeon for the most.

"Mom... If you agree with me", he looked down before continuing,
"I think I'm ready to take responsibility as the heir of Jeon Labels."

As if the ground had shaken beneath Mrs. Jeon's feet, she rushed to the stairs and went up.

She had lost all hope for her beloved eldest son to gain any sort of interest in her highly reputed family business, but his words on this day had made her eyes teary.
As soon as she reached near Wonwoo, she spoke,

"Are you sure darling?"

"Yes mother", he gently nodded.

Mrs. Jeon cupped Wonwoo's face in her left hand and in a very loving tone, said,
"I never want to burden you with my dreams... But I always wanted to see you right beside me... Just like your father was."

A tear slipped her eyes as Wonwoo proceeded to hug her. Jungkook joined his family from behind.
Claps echoed all across the hall as the guests were deeply moved by their mysterious family bond.

After a few minutes, while Y/n was confusedly clapping on the stage, Mrs. Jeon motioned her hands to ask Y/n to walk ahead, with open arms she invited her into an embrace.

Y/n did not hesitate to join her future family.
Not only Mrs. Jeon hugged her, but also took her hand and gave it into the hands of her elder son, while the younger one tugged on her mother's shoulder, smiling at them in all glory.

Y/n and Wonwoo were one again, finally face to face with no burden of misunderstandings between them.
Wonwoo held y/n's hand in front of him and kissed the back in assurance.
The crowd, though surprised, had mixed feelings about this and only gleefully watched.

He then kneeled down at one knee and asked,
"Y/n, will you marry me?"

What else could she have said,

"YES", before she could be completely happy about it, Wonwoo picked her up in his arms and gave her a twirl.
Both of them had smiles on their faces.
Both of them were happier than ever.

.
.
XXX

Reaching home, the boys sat down on the couch as if they had executed a grave mission. They were startled the moment their mother came in without knocking; a suitcase in her hand.

"where are you going mother?", Jungkook asked.

"Japan...I need to prepare a will for the new heir.", she earned a nod from Wonwoo.

"I'm glad to see you both growing up", Mrs. Jeon added.

"About today... You both played a silly stunt."

The savory heads of the two men were bowed in secretive guilt.

"I know you didn't want to commit to a marriage Jungkook but I didn't expect you to transfer the whole deed to your brother.
You are growing overly clever.", she taunted the younger.

"And as for you...", Mrs. Jeon looked at Wonwoo who was dreaded for his dear life.

"I'm glad you're back with us again", she simply ruffled his hair with a smug look on her face which changed into a smirk as soon as she left the room.

The boys only giggled at their mother knowing the best of them.

______________________________________

The End.