Falling In Place

There it was.
Everything set in stone.
I had to marry the man standing along my side as countless anonymous elders showered blessings upon us in the form of claps and flying kisses.

I ran my eyes across the hall and saw not a single face poorly lit with a smile.
Perhaps one over there...

While we were put up on the stage like showpieces for the adults to play with, I noticed Somi walking over to Wonwoo, who can be presumed to be her

While we were put up on the stage like showpieces for the adults to play with, I noticed Somi walking over to Wonwoo, who can be presumed to be her...h.. husband.
I felt a tad bit sadder than I already was.

"Y/n why are you here.
I swear this was the last place I expected to find you!", I heard Jungkook mutter under his breath in the most sophisticated fashion while biting one side of his lips in the pretense of adjusting his lip ring.

I did not have the heart to smile at his dorky actions.

"Do you ever know how much I searched for you?", he continued looking in my direction.
The fact that he did not care about the audience and looked concerned about me was touching.

His soft glance caught my attention and my eyes widened in surprise.

Why was Jungkook searching for me?

"Is there anything even left?", I looked down once before looking up in the direction of the man whom I could never forget even after almost an year of separation.

"Yea I bet", Jungkook simply winked as soon as I looked over at him.
He probably didn't want others of figure out what we were talking about.

"omg they're so cute"

"look they have started flirting already..."

"Kids..these days"

"Let's give them some space."

"no no what's the hurry"

All kinds of uninvited opinions were lavishly floating through the room.
The moment I felt like the stares were finally off me, I reckoned a very tight grasp on my wrist before I was taken flying out of the room.
As I looked over my shoulder I saw Jungkook was standing motionless as if paused with a remote control.

Then who was supposedly dragging me out of the room?
My throat perched as I took a glimpse of who was ahead of me.
Black straight hair, reaching till his nape, straight back and broad shoulders.
Confidence surged under his masque while his manner was hasty yet elegant and his stride, careless.

One could tell he was desperately  fearless in that moment.
Tears started pooling in my eyes as I felt his cold hand clasping onto mine.
Out of all the decisions I took in my life, it is safe to say that leaving him was the worst.
And at least one thing was sure in my heart, he was indeed the man I loved.

"W..", my head told me to silently follow his lead without questioning.

After passing by the meagre people in the lobby, we reached as open air bistro on the terrace.
There he finally let go of my hand.

Had I seen his face, I would have lost control on my tears then and there.

He still somehow managed to put on the persona of strength, enduring the painful look on my face.

A measly tear fell out of his eyes rendering the whole armor meaningless.

"Why did you agree to do it Y/n?"

Wonwoo stood at a distance of two metres from me and kept staring at me with his moist, wavering dark eyes.

"W

"W.. Wonwoo", I could only say his name before he came forward with a single stride and cupped me into an embrace.

"Y/n.. I can't believe I found you again."

"I'm so sorry I couldn't take care of you when you needed me.", he sniffed before continuing, "You were always there for me but I..."

"I..."

"Shh don't ask me to go yet.
I wanna tell you everything today."
Wonwoo clutched his head onto my neck while I barely reached his.

"Here's the thing Y/n....
I have never stopped loving you ever since the minute you got into my life."

"weeks after you left without a word... I thought you were done with my family.. With me.
I thought you thought I wasn't good enough to stay."

"Why did you suddenly leave me alone? Was it me? Did I do something wrong?", he sniffed.

"I was such a fool to never be able to tell you about my feelings... I should have..."

"You did not forget me..", silly words escaped my tight lips.

"it's almost funny, I need to tell you even today.. but today too...

I'm scared you'll leave again", he looked at me with pain filling his eyes.

"I love you so so so so much Y/n I-
These words can never-
I love you so much I can never forget you."

"I kept finding you all through the city... But just...", he sniffed once again being breathless from crying so much.

I, on the other hand, was already shaking from all those tears wearing me down.

"Forgetting you was like trying to get to know you all over again.
It came in bits and pieces.
But no matter how much I tried, I could never forget you."

My hands which were shivering beneath my heavy heart, slowly rose up against his back and steadily, I was able to put my hands around him.

Wonwoo deepened the hug at my action and said in a low tone,
"This time I'm never letting you go."

How deeply desperate must he have been to not care about anything in that moment- fame, family, comfort. Nothing.

A coughing voice interrupted my overwhelmed thoughts from behind, I turned around in fright to see Jungkook giving a soft smile at the both of us, as he nodded from afar.

"Y'know what?
I guess you both are meant to be.
I mean... Fate went this far to make you guys meet I don't wanna spoil this."

"wha... What about.. Your wife", I looked up at Wonwoo without clearing my speculation about Somi.

"my.. W...wife", he paused for a second and said,
"you."

Wonwoo and I only looked at Jungkook as he 'sheeesh'ed out of nowhere.
"I'll make sure you get this one.",
with a wink he left hurriedly as we followed.

.
.