Let her go

Jeon's Mansion was as silent as a graveyard without Y/n moving about exploring the magnanimous estate.

Aside from the usual maids and manservants indulged in their daily tasks, a woman in her fifties roamed about the villa in utmost sense of autonomy.
Hands neatly carried behind her back,  she strode with a proud poised head and perfect posture.

Mrs. Jeon was an utterly disciplined woman, perfectly capable of managing a successful career and family. However, the factor of happiness was a luxury even to her.
As for her unfaithful husband, he was as useless to her as a bounced cheque;
While her sons on the other hand, were the diamonds on her tiara.

Mrs. Jeon was peculiarly proud of her elder son walking the same path as her and about the younger son,
Well we all know about the second child being rebellious.
.
.
Aloof from her knowledge, the diamonds on her tiara were actually quite dull on this day.

As the background music intensified around one of the soundproof rooms at the end of the long corridor, the closed doors somehow contained the rummaging clicks of the keyboard.
The person behind the monitor was no other than the young master.

Anyone could tell, the ever-casual Jungkook was desperate today.
Passionate about finding the woman who caused such chaos in his brother's heart, let alone his;
he wanted to leave no stone unturned.

Earlier when thoughts clouded his mind, he simply googled her name like any other esteemed guest he was supposed to find. Celebrities, their sneaky links, businessmen and their plotting men, Jungkook had cyber hunted for a lot of acquaintences;
But as the vast variety of results subsided, he realized something.

Searching for a commoner was a more tedious task than anyone with a brand name.

Jungkook had never realized the fact that he did indeed develop an infatuation in such a small while and even this day, although his efforts appeared to be merely an act of altruism for his brother, little did he come to terms with the exasperating question in his heart.
'Why would she suddenly leave?'

"hmm seems like this isn't going to be easy..", he sighed before cracking his fingers together and jerking his neck from side to side.
Following his actions, a sudden fire appeared in his eyes.
He was ready.

Looking thoroughly through all the similar named instagram accounts was not enough, he even checked their correlates.
There was no background information they had on Y/n.
His silly brother didn't even bother to ask her where she lived.
Did he expect her to stay by this side forever?

Silly little sly fox.

After reviewing the cctv footage of the past few days, he finally caught a glimpse of Y/N's face.
Why did she never bother to look into the camera even though any general person would be conscious of them.

What was more surprising was the timing.
The moment she looked into the camera was utterly disheartening.
It was the last day.
The last day he saw her.

If only Jungkook stayed for a little longer; Told the beautiful girl how she looked stunning in the dress he bought for her with his money.
If only he said goodbye to Y/n.

Interestingly, about half an hour after he left for the practice, he noticed Y/n standing near the gate waiting for someone.
His eyes widened as she slowly turned to face the camera, as if looking into his eyes for one last time... Waiting for him to clasp his arms around her and beg her to stay.
Not him... It would be... Someone else.
If only Jungkook could do so, he would never let her go.

Out of her pristine eyes slipped a tear which did not go unnoticed by the viewer making him question her absence twofold.
There definitely seems to be some problem.
Y/n looked hurt.
Who could have hurt her?

With these thoughts crowding his mind, he decided not to tell of Y/N's heartwrenching departure to Wonwoo, or else it would only add to his gloom.
Jungkook decided to investigate this matter in depth but at present, his priority was to find some kind of lead in the search of the girl.
He even ordered some of his servants to go to the apartments in the city and ask around if anyone had seen Y/n.

A normal girl about whom he knew nothing except the name of... The search felt like it would continue for a long time.
As days passed Wonwoo seemed to have regained his senses.
He quit agonizing all day in bed and even cut his liquor short.

In about two months, Wonwoo became the same as before he ever met Y/n, cold and stingy, even to his own brother.
He barely talked, and no words of appreciation came out from his mouth when it came to his mother's dear servants.
He had no expectations from anyone and rejected countless blind dates Mrs. Jeon arranged for him.

Although this seemed to have worried the lady of the house, she knew her son was so only because she made him. Nevertheless, she knew that he would do his duty as her heir whenever the time would come.

On the other hand, Wonwoo seemed to have drowned himself in work without any sign of longing or yearning.
At times Jungkook believed it could actually be the best for him.

But even I am sure y/n never left his mind, even for a second.

.
.