Chapter 13

“Your brother is sick?” Taehyung said quietly.

Jungkook nodded. He didn't know what made him blurt out the truth to Taehyung.  he just felt like he could tell him anything.  He would never hurt him, he was sure of that.  And he wouldn't judge him. He wasn't afraid of letting Taehyung see him for who he truly was.

He wasn't just a cold, pretty Gem that he had won at the auction. He was Jeon Jungkook, a hired waiter and protective brother who was at his wits' end.

“Yes,” Jungkook answered.  “There's a new medicine that can cure him.  But this new treatment is very costly.  I need the money to pay for his treatment.”

Taehyung nodded.  “How much do you need?”

“Each dose of the drug costs ten thousand dollars.  Hyungie needs at least ten doses.  So...”  he gave a lopsided smile.  “Thanks to you, Hyungie can start his treatment right away.”

“Where is your brother now?”

“He's at home.”

“Alone?”

“No.  Jin hyung is with him.  Jin hyung is my colleague and a good friend.”

Taehyung studied him for a moment and made gestures between them.  “Does your brother know...”

“No!”  Jungkook shook his head quickly.  “Hyungie doesn't know about the auction.  he...he thinks I'm on a date tonight.  Jin hyung backed me up.  He told Hyungie that he set me up on a blind date with one of his guy friends, and Hyungie was happy for me to go. He's been bugging me to get out more and not hover around him so much.”

After a beat, Taehyung swung his legs over the side of the bed and tugged him up.  “Come on.”              

“W-where are we going?” Jungkook asked.

“I'll drive you home.  Your brother will be worried if you stay out all night.”

“I...it's okay.”  Jungkook swallowed and stammered, “Y-you paid for the whole night, Taehyung.  One hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money.  I...I can't just leave...the contract states that...”

“I know what the contract says.  And it says you will make yourself available for the pleasure of the client for the whole night.  I have taken my pleasure, Jungkook.  And it was the most incredible experience of my life.  I am driving you home now.”

Jungkook bit his lip and said, “I can't.”

“Why not?”

“I don't have anything to wear.”

Taehyung stared at the shredded fabric on the floor and smirked.  “Well, you can wear my jacket.”

When he gasped, he chuckled and said, “I'm kidding.  I'll call one of my staff to bring some clothes here.”

“Your staff?  It's past midnight now...”

“Kim Industry is open round the clock.  We work in shifts.  It's no problem at all.”  He winked at him and picked up his mobile phone.     By the time he scrambled to his side, he had already sent a message.

“Jimin will be here in about half an hour,” Taehyung told him.  He went to his drawer and fished out one of his t-shirts.  Pulling it over his head, he guided his arms through the sleeves and smiled.  “You look adorable.”

Jungkook blushed when he kissed him lightly on the cheek. He was wearing his t-shirt like a dress, but he felt snug and safe to be wrapped up in his scent.

“Let's get you something to eat,” he said, after throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Not that he was complaining, but…

“Taehyung, I can't let you do this.”  Jungkook took a deep breath and plowed on before he lost her nerve.  “The contract says...”

“—that the client can release you at any time.  I know very well what the contract says.  You are to do what the client wants.  Right now, I want you to eat with me.” 

★★★