Chapter 26

Taehyung strode out of the restaurant as soon as the lunch meeting ended.  It was a good meeting, and there were smiles all around as he shook hands with his new business partners.  After telling Yoongi and Jihyun that he would see them back at the office, Taehyung sped off in his Jaguar.

Taehyung could feel his animal prowling just beneath his skin.  His tiger was tense and unsettled, urging him to go to his mate.

Taehyung knew that Jungkook was meeting Seokjin for lunch at their favorite cafe.  The two men had a lot of catching up to do and Jungkook probably wouldn't appreciate him barging in on their talk.

But he needed to make sure that he was all right.

His tiger had reared up halfway through the meeting and clawed furiously at him.  The crazy animal wanted to get to Jungkook at once.  Taehyung didn't know what was going on with his tiger, but he managed to force his beast down long enough to conclude the meeting.

Taehyung drove to the cafe at top speed and was out of the car in a heartbeat.  Even before he entered the cafe, he knew that Jungkook was gone.

He pushed through the door and looked around the busy little cafe, his nostrils flaring.  Traces of his scent still lingered.  His eyes darted to that corner table where a gentleman now sat sipping his coffee and reading the paper.  His mate had sat at that very table not too long ago.  And he had left in a panic.  He could taste his fear in the air, and his tiger reared up in fury.

Jungkook was in trouble.  His mate and his unborn pup were in danger. 

Taehyung growled and rushed back to his car.  As he floored the accelerator, he stopped holding his tiger back and let the beast rise to the fore.  His tiger snarled and glared out of his eyes.  Claws stabbed out from his fingertips and his canines sharpened and elongated.

He kept his human shape but his beast was in control of his senses right now.  His tiger could track his mate to the very ends of the earth.  Nothing and no one could keep his mate from him.  No one messed with his family!

The mate bond tugged him towards his mate, and Taehyung could sense his mate's spiking panic and pain.  Someone was hurting his mate, causing him grief and terror.

His Jaguar skidded up the curb in front of a small corner house on a quiet street and Taehyung burst from the car, half shifting as he ran.  Jungkook was in the house.  He could scent his terror and desperation, and he smelled his blood.