Chapter 21

Jungkook opened the door of his apartment to see Taehyung standing there with a stern, determined look on his face.

He looked like a man on a mission. Behind him were four gloved, burly men wearing similar-colored t-shirts with a small logo at the side. He could make out the word "movers" on their logo but nothing else.

"Um, morning," Jungkook stammered as Taehyung pushed through the doorway. It was the weekend and he hadn't even had breakfast.

Taehyung smiled grimly at him, his eyes gleaming with heat and purpose. "These guys are here to help you to move." Taehyung indicated the muscled men behind him. "Tell them what needs to be packed, and they'll get everything done in a jiffy."

"P-packed?" Jungkook spluttered.

"Hey, Taehyung," Hoseok called sleepily as he strolled out of his bedroom.

"Woah, who are these guys? What's happening? What am I missing?"

"Hi, Hoseok." Taehyung greeted him with a grin. "You are missing nothing, young man. You'd better get dressed though. You and Jungkook are moving today."

"Moving?" the brothers said in unison.

"Yup. You're moving into the apartment just two floors down from mine. I own quite a few units in the building, and the tenant has just vacated that unit. A vacant unit is a damn waste of space so you both are moving in today," Taehyung said matter-of-factly.

Jungkook glared at him. He spoke as if the matter had already been decided.

"Which building is this?" Hoseok asked curiously. "Where will we be moving to?"

"Hannam-Dong," Taehyung answered.

(A/n: Don't come to me for this 🔪)

Hoseok's eyes bugged. "Hannam-Dong? No way! The rent there is sky high!" he chortled. "It is sky high! There are like...ninety floors or something. Maybe more. I'm not even sure. I bet you can touch the clouds if you open your window!"

Taehyung laughed. "Sorry but I'm pretty sure you can't touch the clouds. Speaking from experience."

"Wah!" Hoseok exclaimed. " Hannam-Dong! Gosh!" he took a deep breath and said, "Okay. Let the other shoe drop. How much is the rent?"

"I own the unit. You'll be staying rent-free," Taehyung said simply.