Chapter 16

"H-hi," Jungkook stuttered, blinking away his tears rapidly. His eyes moved from his handsome face down his long, broad body. All he wanted to do was throw his arms around him and hold on to him forever.

Taehyung was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt. Jungkook stared at the emblem on the front of his t-shirt and realized that it was the same t-shirt that he had worn last night.

His dark hair was slightly damp from his shower and he looked fresh and clean-shaven. His casual attire and impish smile made him look relaxed and carefree but still, he exuded raw sex appeal and animal magnetism.

Jungkook gripped the edge of the door for support. He could no longer deny how much he wanted him and missed him. he didn't think it was possible to miss a person so much in such a short time.

It was just a few hours since he left his bed, his house, and already his body and heart ached for him.

What happened between them last night wasn't just sex. Taehyung had made love to him, and the memory was forever seared in his mind and his soul. Deep in his heart, Jungkook knew that he could never ever be with another man after being with Taehyung. He had imprinted him with his touch and his body. He belonged to him. And he wanted only him.

But he didn't dare to hope for anything more. Kim Taehyung was a perfect gentleman and he had treated him right. But they both knew that it was just a fantasy for one night.

They were from very different worlds. And it was unlikely that their paths would ever cross again.

Yet here he was. Standing in his doorway, right in front of him. If he reached out, he could touch him and make sure that he was real and not an illusion...

Taehyung's smile widened as he held up a box. "I brought muffins. And flowers." His hand swept out from behind his back to reveal a beautiful bouquet.

Jungkook gasped and took the bouquet with trembling hands. "Oh...t-thank you. Thank you, Taehyung," he stammered. His fingers brushed against his as he took the flowers, and his heart skipped and pounded harder. He wasn't dreaming. This was real. Taehyung was really here, with him, in his humble little apartment.

"Kookie, who's there?" Hoseok called out as he came out of the kitchen.

Jungkook turned around quickly. "Oh, it's..."

Hoseok's eyes rounded when he saw Taehyung at the door. he stared at Taehyung for a moment before his eyes darted to the gigantic bouquet in Jungkook's hand.

"Hello, you must be Hoseok," Taehyung said smoothly.

"And you must be Jungkook's date, from last night," Hoseok said with a slow smile.

"Yes. I'm Kim Taehyung."

Hoseok took his hand and shook it vigorously. he nudged Jungkook and shot him a look. "Aren't you going to invite him in?" he whispered.

Jungkook started. He had completely forgotten his manners. "Please, come in." he held the door open and waved Taehyung into their small rented apartment.

Hoseok opened the box of muffins and swooned. "Chocolate, banana, strawberry..." he grinned adoringly at Taehyung. "They're all my favorite flavors!"

Jungkook went to pour Taehyung a cup of coffee as Hoseok chatted with Taehyung in the living room. He could feel Taehyung's eyes following him and his entire body tingling. It felt like he was caressing him with his eyes.

Taehyung's hand lingered over his as he took the mug of coffee from him. Jungkook sucked in a breath at the electrifying sensation and his body burned with desire at his touch. The flare of his nostrils and the heat in his eyes told Jungkook that he was fully aware of his effect on him.

Jungkook sat on his hands so no one would see how badly they were shaking. No man had ever affected him like this before. He seemed to be exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. Were Taehyung's kisses so addicting? Did he crave his touch so much?

The answer was yes.

Yes, yes, and yes!

★★★