Chapter 24

Jungkook glanced at his watch again, his frown deepening.  It wasn't like Seokjin to be late.  He hadn't seen his friend for some time and he was looking forward to a nice long lunch with him. He had so much to tell him.

Seokjin had called to ask about Hoseok, but Jungkook simply told him that Hoseok would have to take a few more doses of the drug before any conclusive results could be seen. He just couldn't bring himself to accept the fact that the drug had been failed.

But Jungkook knew that he had to face the truth for his brother's sake.  Hoseok had put on a brave mask and remained cheerful and upbeat, but Jungkook knew that his brother was crushed inside. 

 Taehyung was encouraging and supportive, and he even brought Hoseok to see the best doctors and specialists but no one could come up with any revolutionary new treatment that would get rid of his cancer once and for all.  

Jungkook had been so busy and worried about Hoseok that he hadn't made time for his friend. He hadn't seen Seokjin in a while, and he wanted to tell Seokjin everything.  He wanted to break the news of his pregnancy to Seokjin face-to-face.

Jungkook placed a hand over his bump and sighed.  His slightly round bump wasn't obvious under his hoodie but his chest felt heavy and tender all the time.  Taehyung had ordered him to stop working and stay home to rest, but Jungkook insisted on coming into the office.  In the end, they managed to reach a compromise. He would work half-day every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

It was Wednesday today, and Jungkook was off work now.  Hoseok was in good hands so he didn't have to rush home.  His full-time nurse, Sohyun, was great.  Sohyun had taught Hoseok how to paint, and the two of them had done quite a few beautiful paintings together.  Taehyung had the artwork framed up and displayed them proudly in their penthouse and Hoseok's apartment.             

Jungkook planned to have a leisurely lunch with Seokjin, then go grocery shopping so he could prepare something special for Hoseok and Taehyung tonight. 

 Hoseok used to come up to the penthouse but now he seemed to tire easily, so they would be going down to Hoseok's apartment for dinner tonight.

The three of them always had dinner together without fail.

Jungkook looked out the window of the cafe and shook his head at the shiny Porsche parked at the side of the curb. 

Taehyung had wanted to drive him here but he had an important lunch meeting.  When he told him that he would just hop into a cab, he pressed the car keys into his hand and snapped, “Take the Porsche.  It's parked beside the Jaguar.  If you don't take the car, I'll drive you myself!”