please dont fall in love

The thunderstorm was still going on in the background when alastor woke up from the couch under the covers (y/n) gave him to keep warm. Sadly he could tell the male's efforts to keep him from getting sick were in vain. He looks towards the sleeping puppet during a flash of lightning he for a second saw red strings wrapped around the sleeping male ever so faintly, draped down from under the bedding the ends of the strings were faded seemingly like they were ripped from where they used to be yet. Alastor blinked and the strings were gone, he put it up to him being tired and feeling under the weather. He fell back asleep only to wake up to (y/n) not there.

(Y/n) hardly smoked, it was a bad habit he picked up in the '50s. He never did hard things, but smoking was something everyone did back then. (Y/n) was feeling down on himself, he didn't like thinking of his friends in romantic lights, especially since he had so few friends, he need smoke to clear his mind, the music he loved in his ears low enough to hear the rain. He was lost in thought as he took a drag he was cold it was obvious he was only wearing his pajama as he sat on his balcony under the canopy. He could be seen from the glass door to his room his legs kicked up on the table his back to Alastor.

Alastor got up from the couch and went to open the balcony door. (Y/n) looked at him then at the cigarette and sighed, "Sorry, I had a lot on my mind. I'm not sure how you feel about it," he said softly putting his feet on the ground. "I don't smoke often."

"I suppose you can continue but that is not a good habit to have my dear," Alastor said sitting next to him doing his best to be supportive not even sure what (y/n) was thinking.

(Y/n) chuckled and nodded, "I know," he said looking at Alastor then back out at the view of hell taking another drag.

Alastor choked back a cough to not worry (y/n), "what's on your mind?" He asked him as he watched (y/n) take off his earbuds.

"It's just, I. " he sighed not knowing how to say this to Alastor since this was over him. "My emotions are getting the better of my goals," he said simply. "Or well my intentions, God that sounds like I'm planning something evil. I'm not," he laughed running a hand through his hair.

Alastor nodded being absolutely shit at emotions he could only just listen. "Is that a good or bad thing my dear?" He said trying to remember how he would handle the people seeking advice from him during the radio days.

(Y/n) shrugged, "No fucking clue, all I can hope is to get them under check soon. " he said looking at Alastor who instantly went into worry mode. He put out his cigarette, "Alastor get inside!" He said seeing the male sick. He got up and motioned for Alastor to come inside, who obliged.

"What's wrong dear?" He asked grinning widely before giving a small sniffle not wanting to seem weak for developing a cold.

"You are sick- very clearly. Now lay down in my bed it's warmer I will get a thermometer." He said walking off to get things to make sure Alastor would get better. He knew demons got better quickly so it would only be two days without care but that was two days too long in (y/n)'s head.

Alastor smiled "I'm perfectly fine dear! Just a minor sinners cough!" He said before he watched as (y/n) left. Once he saw (y/n) left he began to cough. Hearing the door open he straightened up sitting on the couch listening to the radio.

"Alastor, I told you to lay down. Stop being stubborn," he laughed holding a thermometer that he sanitized for Alastor, "now use this to check your temperature, under your tongue," he said handing it to him. (Y/n) made the bed and pulled back the covers for Alastor. "I will make you some soup and tea," he said.

Alastor put the thermometer under his tongue after a few seconds it beeped. "It says 103, my dear," he said smiling still. "But I feel quite cold"

"In bed now you're running a fever. Sheets only your body is trying to fight it off," he said getting a clean rag wetting it in the bathroom. He saw alastor begrudgingly listen and get in bed using the sheet.