rainy day

The males stood outside on the balcony. The rain fell around them rolling off the canopy onto the busy streets of hell, traffic roared on in the background as the males rested together in science the early morning traffic and weather made it quite peaceful even though they were in hell a place meant for eternal suffering. Alastor sipped his coffee looking up from his newspaper to look at (y/n) who was drinking (drink) while reading a book about manipulation using some of the info learned from the book to use in his evil doings and some to benefit him and Alastor. (Y/n) laid on the couch opposite of him his legs strung out on the couch and the strings faintly visible seemingly holding the book up which was humorous to Alastor. Alastor sat on a single cushion couch, his posture straight-up drinking his coffee looking at the recent news and strange listings that hell had. Alastor averted his gaze when (y/n) caught him staring hearing the male chuckle softly feeling a few drops of water on him he looked back at the Puppet demon who had a frown his eyes and eyebrows being the only thing saying he was smiling.

"Newspaper getting boring?" (Y/n) asked setting the book down taking a sip of his drink. A week had passed since (y/n) and Alastor talked through everything. They were happy as friends for now and knew soon they would get together. Since Alastor had professed his fondness and affection to the puppet-themed male, he had been working on making sure he would not have a repeat of what happened in the past while he was alive.

Alastor shook his head taking a sip of his coffee, "Not at all my dear, just admiring the view," he chuckled flirting unintentionally only realizing how it could be taken when he saw (y/n)'s already (favorite color ) cheeks darken slightly getting a rather cute expression from the male, he saw as his (eye color) eyes narrowed and his lips quivered slightly before looking away to pick his book back up to read.

"What makes it cuter is you didn't even realize how flirty that was," (y/n) chuckled softly looking at his book finding it boring yet necessary for them. He had been having Alastor stay with him since he hated being alone. It was the abandonment issues showing rather profusely, Alastor gladly accepted spending mornings and nights with (y/n) and afternoons at the hotel since it was still his main focus of entertainment enjoying seeing the downward spiral of the chaotic Hazbin Hotel as well as helping Charlie keep it going so he still had that entertainment. His sister and Mend had been only getting more and more serious at this point. She was with him less and less and it was starting to hurt him. Yet he did the same when he and Alastor met, though he left with reason because of the fight and it was mostly to get away from all the drama while it calmed down. He started to feel the coldness of the raining air he felt a jacket laid on top of him and laughed moving his book from over it. Alastor had always been quite intentive to him, "Your going to get cold Al," he said not complaining since it was comfortable and felt like him.

"Nonsense my dear, the fire is quite warm enough for me. Besides I prefer cold weather... To a certain degree," he said leaning forward making a pun with his eyebrows raised waiting for a response.

"Alastor you're un-brrr-lievable, " he laughs playing along with Alastors cold weather pun looking at him Alastor getting a kick out of (y/n) finally taking after him with the witty humor that he enjoys making.

Alastor chuckled chiming back up with another pun, "I COLD tell you loved my jokes," he laughed causing (y/n) to groan hiding his face in the book side-eyeing Alastor. "Oh, come on my dear, don't stop now the rain event is almost near just needs more precipitation," he said looking over at the puppet demon. What he saw was (y/n) trying to hold in laughs bring a smile to his face.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes laughing "Alastor, why are you like this, why the dad jokes, why the puns," he whined playfully looking at Alastor getting warmed up from Alastor's long tailcoat that was very warm and soft for being a part of a suit. He secretly or not so secretly loved the jokes Alastor made finding it endearing how full of happiness and pride Alastor would get after making people laugh. "Don't you have to go to the hotel soon? (S/n) will be here soon to work on stuff for the shopping center." He said looking at Alastor who pulled out a pocket watch and chuckled.