Chapter 34

After that talk, I've finally got the courage to overcome my greatest fear and ask the others in the Hotel, I.M.P, and even Octavia for help. If My child is gonna be born, I will protect it from the horrible Exterminators. I don't care if I make a deal or something, as a father, it is my responsible to protect my kid and love it with all my heart.

Thanks to Collin, we were able to understand much of the Exterminator's weakness and how to draw out its attention and what they do in a pattern. We soon got to work, forming shields, weaponry, and traps in case they get through. Plus, thanks to the Demon Archer I got, I can easily injure an Exterminator. It won't kill them, but it will weaken them greatly till they retreat.

While I was practicing again, Loona came by and tried to help out. I stopped and came to her. "Loona. What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" She asked. "I'm trying to help you out."

"But you're still expecting. Plus, it's not a good idea while you're pregnant."

"But I can't just sit by. I wanna help." Strange. Before she meet me, all she wanna do is look at her phone. But with me in her life, she wants to help out more. I can't help but feel a bit flattered that I helped her for the better.

"Loona." I said. "I understand. But I just don't want anything bad happening to you. If I lose you, I would never be the same."

"I feel the same way." She smiled. "But I just don't want to feel useless. I mean, is there at least anything I can do?"

"You can always tease Moxxie again."

She and I laughed. "True. But, maybe I can try something." She then began using magic and conjured up a barrier. "I can still do Magic."

"Does it out stress on the kid?" I asked in concern.

"No. It doesn't." She said. "As long as I don't strain myself."

I'm not much of a magic user, but knowing Loona, she can do quiet a lot. Plus, seeing her helpless makes me feel bad. After all, seeing her attacking and fighting is so badass that it makes me excited. I hate to see her wanting to help but feels helpless. So I made a decision.

"Ok Loona. How about this? You and Octavia will work on spell protection. If it gets too much or the baby comes, you need to rest. Deal?"

"Deal." Loona sealed the deal with a kiss. Then she felt her belly. "Ow! Little devil is kicking."

"Really?" I hovered my head on her belly. I then felt a good kick, which caused me to chuckle. "Sure is."

After that, Loona went to Octavia and told her about what I suggested. She agreed and we all resumed. This was going to be a long wait.

* * *

Well. It's been months of planning and testing. And we are ready for the worst. Loona was also getting closer and closer to her due date. She even looks like she's about to pop. Several kicks and uncomfortable pains over and over again. I may never know what it's like to be pregnant, but I can tell it is difficult but worth it in the end.

I sat next to Loona and comforted her while we waited what feels like an eternity. "You ok?"

"Just want this kid out of me." Loona complained. I just stay close to her. I didn't know what to say, but being with my wife is all that matters.

I looked at Octavia. "Any news yet?"

Octavia shook her head. "Nothing yet. Everyone is on high alert. And no alarm is off yet."

"Ok. Thanks again."

"No problem." Octavia looked at Loona. "You look like shit."

Loona chuckled. "Feel like it too. I can't wait to give birth."