Starry night on a spring morning

This was quite something. This vibrant city with all these people, running around, catching up with their lives. Big skyscrapers, wide walkways, and an endless stream of people. Metal, stone, trees, and gardens. Modern meets tradition. You were really in awe of Seoul.

You moved here just some weeks ago. Working as a designer, you could really work from all around the world. And you had made quite a name for yourself in a short amount of time. Sure, nothing like the bigger names from the industry. But you were the proud owner of a blooming agency for all things in design. You employed interior designers, fashion designers, and graphic designers. You were known in your hometown for creating concepts for fashion magazines, events, and movies. Since you had so many different approaches and didn't just work in one category, you were quite successful. You weren't famous but could afford to work from everywhere, handing over the day-to-day business to your managers. And you could live off your income very well.

You hadn't had a partner in quite some time. You never were the person to date very intensely. You had some meaningful relationships, the last one lasting over 5 years. But you just didn't seem to find the right person. Always feeling something wasn't quite right. And since you loved your work and were very busy with it, your partners couldn't quite understand your priorities from time to time. So it always went downhill with the words 'you are married to your work'. Wonderful.

So you worked a little bit here and there, more like a nomad life in the last few years. But you finally wanted to settle somewhere, so you just took a globe, spun it and your finger landed on South Korea. Cliche, but well...now you are here.

You arrived some weeks ago, renting a nice apartment in the center of Seoul. Since you have met so many people traveling and working from different countries, it was no surprise you knew someone in this city. The parents of a photographer you were friends with, rented some nice but affordable apartments in Seoul. They were really in demand, but your friend managed to save you one. Though, only for six months. But you will definitely find something at this time.

The decision to move to Seoul was made quite some time ago, so you had to spend all your free time studying the language and the culture. You were proud to say that you now could speak a relatively solid Korean, though you really carried a heavy accent and sometimes didn't feel fluent at all. The first few weeks you spend just walking around, getting to know the city. Luckily your photographer friend was visiting their parents, so they showed you around. Soojin is a very bright person, very creative, and open-minded. You always had so much fun with them. Speaking about everything, laughing and enjoying the time. You could say they were your best friend. But since you didn't care for the labels, you just enjoyed seeing them often on your travels, sharing experiences. Since they grew up in the city, they could show you some secret corners and unknown highlights, not many tourists know about. You spend your days eating, watching, taking photos, and enjoying the culture of your new home.

You strolled along the busy streets of downtown Seoul, feeling the mild sun rays of the springs sun on your face. The clear air wavered around you as you walked past busy-looking people in suits and business attires.

Coming from a nice appointment you had quite a nice mood. You have been searching for a business space to build a second agency here in your new hometown. You had visited some properties, but just today you found the perfect one. Located in one of the quieter streets, in a modern building with a view of a nearby park and river it was really a gem. Spacious, with different sized rooms and even storage. The owners were very nice and you signed the contract on the spot. It was relatively small in comparison to your first office in your old town. But it was only the start.

You spotted a nice little park beside a big building and decided to take some rest, maybe read a book and sip on your delicious coffee. You found a spot on a wooden bench in a quiet seating area. Since it was good weather and you were in the city, the park was quite busy. But you were happy that you got a seat and started to relax. You leaned back, reading a book, the lazy breeze of the spring air mixing with the sound of the chatter and bird chirps around you. In one ear you put on Bluetooth headphones and listen to some jazz music. The noises around you started to slowly fade away, as you got tied up in your book and listened to the soothing music in your ear.