New Start

Eliza pulled into the school parking lot in her new, sleek black Acura NSX. She wasn't much for cars, but there was something about the smooth curves of the Acura that allured her. It was so feminine with a strong engine that made it sound hefty and drive like a wet dream. The vents on the side mixed with the pearlescent black paint gave the illusion of a bird in flight- perfect for her.

She put the car in park and looked over at Peter. In park, the car gave a low, steady hum that sounded hungry for more power. "How do you like it?"

He looked at the black and tan leather interior, the subtle stitching detail along the seats and dash, and the screen over the dash that displayed all the engine details. "It's... beautiful."

She smiled. "It was Tony's gift for my birthday. He pulled some strings to get me a license although I'm not technically a U.S. citizen. I aced the test and-" she shrugged and rubbed her steering wheel. "Here we are. Apparently, he's a giant fan of the Acuras. He's had them for years."

He let out a small breath as he looked over at her. "Can I say this is a perk of dating you?"

She laughed and rested her head against her seat. "Sure, but I would think there are better perks, like my sense of humor-" he laughed at her joke. "My amazing personality, the cool tech I get to show off, the kissing-" she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh-" he pointed at her. "The kissing is the best perk."

"Yeah?"

He hummed as he leaned across the middle consol toward her. "I've made a habit out of kissing you. I don't want to stop anytime soon."

She grinned as she met him over the consol. She closed her eyes to kiss him sweetly. She was aware of the stares from outside the car, but she didn't care as Peter's lips pressed into hers.

After a moment, she pulled away with a sweet, sweet grin. "I like that perk too." She looked between his honey-comb eyes to find them brimming with sweet intentions. "Now, we have to go. It's my first day back. I can't be late or else the teachers will have even more reason to hate me." She turned the car off before opening her door. She walked to the trunk and opened it to retrieve her backpack. She grabbed Peter's and handed it to him before she closed the trunk. She locked her car and stuffed the keys in the pocket of her black leather jacket.

"Why would the teachers hate you?"

She pulled her backpack over her shoulders before they walked toward the side door. "Because I'm known to the world as a murderer-turned-Avenger. It must be very intimidating to have someone like that in their class."

Peter pulled the door open for her. She walked through and looked at the crowded hallway.

All the students stopped at the sight of her. She slowed as she waited for Peter to join her side. He laced his fingers through hers to give her a discrete squeeze. "Mr. Stark told them," he whispered as he pulled her down the hallway. "They know to play cool."

As they walked, she looked from still face to still face. While they didn't bombard her with requests and questions, that didn't stop them from whispering about her.

"I can't believe she came back here."

"Did you know she murdered someone?"

"Dude, she's murdered, like, lots of people."

"She's an Avenger now. That doesn't count."

"Murder doesn't count now?"

Peter held her hand firmly as he guided her through the awkward glances. She kept her chin high as she pulled her gaze from theirs to stare straight away. She blocked them out as she focused solely on Peter's hand in hers.