005.

i didn't understand my feelings when i fell in love with you.

san was driving up a hill. where the fuck were they going that required that them to go up the hill?

"where are we going?" wooyoung asked for the nth time during the car ride. san groaned, hitting his forehead against the steering wheel until wooyoung grabbed his hand, "car!"

san merely missed a car coming downhill, the driver probably cursing at them nonstop and raising his middle finger. san snickered, "that was close."

wooyoung smacked san's arm and pushed him gently, san laughing out loud afterwards, "that was not fucking funny, you dumb ass! you nearly got us killed!"

"yeah, well, key word is nearly." san continued teasing wooyoung as he hollered in laughter. wooyoung whined and pouted, "shut up! you're so annoying."

san finally pulled the car to a stop and wooyoung looked around their stop. it was one of the many sightseeing spots on the hill that overlooked the city of seoul. and needless to say, it was beautiful. it was genuinely breathtaking. and wooyoung wouldn't be able to take his eyes off of the scenery in front of him if not for san standing literally next to him.

wooyoung could feel the hot, damp, summer air clinging onto his body desperately, making him unbearably uncomfortable. but he wouldn't dare to squirm out of his clothes right now, or even just take off his cardigan since he was scared of what san was capable of doing. yeah, he had a crush on the king, but that didn't mean that he'd just let san do whatever he wanted with him.

"wooyoung," san's voice tore through the summer breeze like a nail through a thin sheet of blanket, "did i tell you that you look absolutely gorgeous tonight?"

wooyoung scrunched his nose up to try and hide the fact that his heart probably would start hyperventilating because of how sweet san was. "i swear to god, choi san, if that's a quote from some stupid rom-com, i'm gonna murder you."

san chuckled lightly, turning his face towards the night, "my mom brought me up here once when i was young. that was the only time i've came up here. do you know why?"

"mm, because you're too much of a scaredy cat to come up here on your own?" wooyoung taunted. when he looked over at san, he noticed san's sombre expression, and he immediately regretted his words, "sorry. not the right moment."

san shook his head softly, "don't worry about it. she told me to bring someone that meant something to me up here when i'm older. that the next time i'm up here, she hopes that i'm gonna be with someone that meant something to me. that was the last thing she told me before she left home two nights later."

"oh." was all wooyoung could say. he didn't know what to do; should he comfort san? or should he just let san feel, let san absorb the night in for himself? wooyoung was never great at comforting people. he'd often leave that job to yunho or hongjoong, who were good with affectionate touches and comforting words respectively. wooyoung was more of a "everything's gonna be fine" type of guy, which his friends had constantly told him was not the way to comfort someone at all.

in the end, wooyoung chose yunho's approach instead of hongjoong's approach. he could initiate touches and hugs, but his brain, as diligent as he is, could not muster up words that could possibly comfort anyone at the moment. not when the king of his high school was standing next to him (although that's sort of a different problem).

so wooyoung wrapped his one of his arm around san's waist and the other turning san's face towards him, a gentle smile on his face as he spoke, "i'm sorry. i don't know what else to say — and i suck at words — but i'm here for you, m'kay? i don't think we're close enough to say that we're friends, exactly, but i'm here for you. i'm here if you wanna text, if you wanna call, hell, you can even call me up at 2 am and i'd probably still be awake. i'm always here for you, alright?"