026.

i don't want to be alone anymore every night.

san felt someone lifting him up from the wet floor, eyes opening just a little but enough to recognise that flame red hair he'd recognise anywhere. "w-wooyoung?" he uttered, wincing almost immediately at the pain he felt from multiple blows around his lung area and diaphragm.

wooyoung smiled, "shh, you're hurt badly. don't talk, yeah? i'll get you to a hospital soon."

san shook his head, "i'll be fine without a hospital. we can-" he groaned out of pain when he felt another bundle of nerves being hit because of wooyoung's arranging of his arms so he could hold san easier, "we can just go to mines. i-i have first aid and-"

"sannie, your injuries are gonna be infected if we don't move soon-"

once san got up to wooyoung's height, he pressed his lips onto the younger's, pulling him closer to himself. "why did you come back?" san muttered against wooyoung's lips. wooyoung chuckled drily, "i can't really just leave you alone when you're getting injured, can i? that wouldn't be very humane and loving of me, sannie."

san rolled his eyes. he was about to retort but his sides were hurting more now that he was standing up. everything on his body was weighing back down on the ground, forcing him to feel every injury from head to toe. and that wasn't pleasant at all, to say the least.

"j-just go." he managed to squeak out, eyes squeezed shut at the pain. wooyoung panicked a little, placing a feathery kiss on san's temple and smiled, "we'll get there quick."

together, the two walked quickly to san's house. given that they were already going back to san's house when they bumped into byun-min, it wasn't very far away. wooyoung struggled with the lock, but somehow managed it through san's groaning and the heavy rain that just poured on them nonstop. "you really need to put some overhead shelter outside your home sometime," wooyoung muttered in frustration but also as a tease. san let out a dry laugh, "gotta ask my parents' permission for that."

wooyoung laid san down on the sofa, smiling before dashing off to find san's first aid kit. it wasn't hard to find; it was just in the toilet like everyone else's first aid kits are (a.n: ok to be fair mine isn't but hey ho lets roll with that). he hurried back out, back to his boyfriend who was gripping onto his left side. wooyoung contemplated on how to do this. obviously, he had no specific medical knowledge, but he still knew how to clean wounds and put on gauzes, so he should be fine.

he softly turned san to his side, which san seemed to sigh in relief to. wooyoung grinned, "that felt better, didn't it?" he didn't receive an answer, but that was alright. knowing that san was feeling better now was more important to him than anything.

then he removed san's soaked shirt and to his horror, there was a huge bruise already forming on san's left side. there had got to be a broken rib somewhere, causing internal bleeding and therefore the bruising, wooyoung thought with his minimal knowledge of how the human body works. he guessed that biology would help a bit, but it really didn't. he was just relying on his own knowledge of injuries most of the time, hands on autopilot as he tried his best to patch his lover up.

"okay, this is going to hurt. squeeze my hand if it hurts, alright?" wooyoung held out his left hand for san to hold. san nodded gingerly, intertwining their fingers together as wooyoung dabbed the cotton wool onto the places that were still bleeding. san hollered out in pain, squeezing wooyoung's hand so tightly that wooyoung was afraid it was going to break. wooyoung let out a thread of "i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry" as he continued to treat san's wounds, each one of them getting better as san's screams got quieter and the grip on wooyoung's hand loosened.

wooyoung sat back after a while, judging his own patchwork of san's wounds. there were bandages and gauzes all over; wooyoung could feel his heart break in half. what kind of person is byun-min if he's willing to do so much damage on san, his own younger brother? wooyoung understood that monsters weren't borne, they were made and sculpted by the environment around them. so how harsh were the conditions when byun-min grew up? how bad did it have to be to have created such a horrible monster?

san was sound asleep on the sofa, too numb from all the pain and too tired from all the fighting before. wooyoung sighed, tucking a few loose strands behind san's ear, "i'm sorry you went through this. i'm sorry you're the one going through this and i can't do anything but sit here and be your medic afterwards."

wooyoung himself just went to the sofa opposite to san's, laying down there and letting sleep embrace him warmly like an old friend.

"young, young-ah, wake up." san shook the younger. wooyoung groaned, turning away from san as he still needed more sleep. san sighed. "wooyoung, wake up. we have school."

wooyoung cracked an eye open, immediately closing it and groaning, "you're not even in the condition to go to school. we only have korean today before it's study leave. we can just stay here until 12."

san laughed in amusement. he sat down fully on the floor and leant his head on the sofa wooyoung was sleeping on, "are you suggesting we skip school, sweetheart? am i actually hearing that? from the, quote unquote, 'full attendance wooyoung agenda'?"

wooyoung stifled a laugh, "did i actually say that?"

"you did, unsurprisingly." san rolled his eyes. he saw that wooyoung was fully awake now and smiled at him, "good morning, though, princey."

wooyoung hummed. he leant forward to place a chaste kiss on san's lips before retreating to his area of comfort where he was laying, "morning to you, too. how are the wounds feeling?"

san shrugged, "still hurts when i move a lot. but they're a lot better compared to last night. thanks a lot, youngie."

wooyoung suddenly sat up, san feeling a bit startled as he struggled to keep up. wooyoung looked at san with all sincerity and said, "promise me you won't get into another fight. i don't care if it's your brother or one of his gang guys. promise me that i'll never have to patch you up again."

san held onto wooyoung's hand and kissed it, nodding, "i promise you."

a/n: i just couldn't bring myself to write parts where san was getting hurt so i just skipped through the whole fight scene. hope no one's mad