013.

we didn't realise we were in love with each other.

after weeks of prolonged waiting, san finally broke up with yerim. everyone knew that the two were just a show, but they couldn't help but worship and appreciate them as the future prom king and queen. it just so happened that their break up was right before the annual christmas ball, where the seniors of that year will plan and organise it for the entire school.

"so," said soobin, the head of student council, "how are we going to tackle this? masquerade? casuals? what are our ideas?"

wooyoung, honestly, finds it surprising to find himself here in the student council. for some very odd reasons, he was invited (yes, invited. wooyoung didn't even file for an application) into the student council at the start of his sophomore year to be their secretary, which meant he was in charge of everything from organising meetings to sending out emails to the whole school regarding to a notice. honestly, wooyoung still finds it funny that he even got the job in the first place, but regardless, it would definitely look good on his CV or whatever, so wooyoung's not complaining.

"i think the masquerade is a bit eh," taehyun, the treasurer, replied, tilting his head to the side, "why don't we go with, say, a premiere? or a red carpet?"

felix smiled. felix was an occasional member of the student committee, sometimes joining their meetings as the co-chairman of the council. he looked over at his boyfriend, hyunjin and asked, "do you think you can design for that, jinnie?"

hyunjin nodded. there was a small smile stretching on his face and it was like his eyes brightened, "definitely. that's something i've never done before. gosh, it'd definitely be so fun. your friend will help right, wooyoung?"

wooyoung snapped his head towards hyunjin, trying to piece what the older had just said. "oh! you mean jongho. he's not really my friend, but i guess i could ask for you." hyunjin whooped in excitement and wooyoung felt himself smiling as well.

the door was knocked upon before swinging open, revealing a very sweaty choi san with jongho next to him. wooyoung's eyes saw jongho first and he immediately sat up, "jongho! just the guy we need. come on in, please."

wooyoung saw the hurt in san's face and wooyoung smiled, "sorry, sannie. jongho comes first. council matter. get out, i'll meet you outside."

the younger was pushing san out of the room, the others watching them in amusement as they've never, ever seen someone treating san like that. not that it was bad or anything, it's just... no one ever played cat and mouse with the king of the high school.

san huffed in annoyance when wooyoung successfully pushed him outside. he leaned against the wall beside it and watched as the students started pouring out of classes and eventually, out of the school building. some girls and boys tried asking san to the ball — the unplanned ball, which san noticed from the hectic situation within the student council room — and san politely declined them all. well, except for his exes, which he further emphasised that they were done and should probably never see each other again.

soon enough, wooyoung opened the door once again with a huge smile on his face, "sannie! you're still here!"

"of course i'm still here, where would i have gone, dumb ass?" san retorted while rolling his eyes. wooyoung frowned, "that's not very nice."

san snickered, "yeah, well, someone's gotta be mean to you sometimes. your princey ass gets worshipped way too often."

that earned san a whack at the backside of his head, the other members stifling their laughters as san winced in pain. "what the fuck! when did you get so strong?"

"i got to the gym with jongho for a reason, dumb ass." wooyoung glared at san before sticking his tongue out childishly. san chuckled, shaking his head as he turned towards jongho, "and you? what were you doing in there?"

jongho shrugged, "they're just asking for a favour from me. anyways, i gotta go find yeosang. i'll see you tomorrow, wooyoungie hyung and everyone else, and hopefully i'll see you never, sannie hyung." with that, jongho jogged past the swarming crowd of people and off to find his boyfriend.

the other members of the student council gradually said their goodbyes and 'see you tomorrow's since they're going back to planning all over again. wooyoung had a deadline to send the ball email out to the school, so the council, unfortunately, had a date to meet.

"speaking of dates," san started, "i heard yunho and mingi are going on a date?"

wooyoung stopped in his tracks. he looked at san with utter confusion and asked, "they're what? like, i know they're dating and all, but yunho never mentioned anything about a date."

san shrugged. he glanced behind him and smiled, "ask them yourself, princey."

yunho and mingi were approaching the two, waving with huge smiles on their faces. wooyoung smiled back and waved, too. "hey! you probably heard from san that we're going on a date now. we're wondering if you wanna go on a double date with us!" yunho said excitedly, the boy practically jumping up and down to the point where mingi had to hold his hand on yunho's shoulder as a small attempt to calm the older down.

wooyoung chuckled, "that sounds amazing, yun, but i'm not dating anyone. how can i go on a double date with you if i'm not dating anyone?"

yunho frowned, "are you and san still not dating? oh my god, you guys are taking fucking ages. can you two just fall in love already?"

wooyoung felt his face reddening as san pulled up a smug smile. he threw his arm around wooyoung's shoulders, pulling the younger towards him, "well, i guess we could technically go as friends, can't we, sweetheart?"

mingi raised an eyebrow, "friends don't call each other pet names."

"it's just him." wooyoung grumbled lowly, brows furrowed and glaring at san. san chuckled, leaning down towards wooyoung and saying, "keep telling yourself that. i know you want to call me pet names too. it's okay, sweetheart, it's okay."

wooyoung groaned, pushing san's face away from him and turning to yunho, "fine, we'll go as friends. where are we going again?"

"the arcade, of course!"

a/n: feel like my writing is getting worse and worse.

edit: THANK U SM FOR 1K!! honestly best way to end the day. tysm i love u guys loads <3