[7] Avert the Unveiler

that's all they really want is some fun

is some fun

when the working day is done
oh, girls just wanna have fun

girls just wanna have fun
cyndi lauper

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

The next day was beyond boring and hazy, nothing prominent happening that was worth remembering; all except that it was Friday and you had the sleepover at Alya's today.

At this point, you were ecstatic to go. Even if Alya was practically a stranger, you just wanted the slightest bit of excitement to let go all this built up stress from yesterday's events.

"C'mon, Y/n!" Marinette puffs, using her body weight to hold up your slumping body, trying with all her might to get you to move forward. "Alya's. . . waiting!"

The squeak of her shoe alerts you before she falls, grabbing the back of her blazer before she could lean forward. "Okay, okay. Stop before you fall over." You say with the slightest of amusement in your voice, continuing your journey to where Alya waited.

"There you two are! I was starting to think you actually bailed on me." Alya teases, weaseling a playful roll of your eyes out of you. "And miss out on the snacks you bought me?" It was half the truth. Also, you're lonely, and Marinette and Alya seemed like the closest you'll get to your dorks back home.

You hope they're okay.

Shielding your frown from the contrasting giggles from the girls, you grabbed the duffle bag you packed for tonight out of the locker. "Okay, I'm ready." You smiled, the gesture not quite reaching the eyes. Marinette squeals with excitement, latching onto you as she exclaims how tonight was the first time in awhile she could have time to herself.

The two broke out into a conversation you weren't keeping track of, their words coming in one ear and out the other, your mind too busy wondering else where. As you passed the stairs that led to the second floor, you spotted a familiar blond talking with his friend.

'They're from the polaroids. The blond must be Adrien.' You thought to yourself, throwing a side glance in Marinette's direction with a grin, an idea sparking. Reaching a hand out to grab the bluenette's attention, your eyes trailed back to the boy to make sure he was still there, only to make unintentional eye contact with him.

You watched how his eyes lit up, widen with glee, as he waves at you with a smile that could cheer up anyone. You were almost dumbfounded, taking a second too long before deciding to return the gesture with a smile of your own-wonky or not.