[16] The Doctor And His Tales Of Woe

remember the doubt by which now I stand

remember the doubt
by which now I stand

you write the book
on the way it all ends

the way it ends
prototype

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

To many, the Sanctum Sanctorum located in New York City was just some old building. Some think it's a household, others say an old museum with even older artifacts-no one knows except for those of the Mystic Arts. Anyone outside of the order (or anyone deemed not a threat) has set foot inside of the sanctum. Until now, that is.

Stephen manifests a cup of herbal tea, a known remedy for headaches, trying his best not to get stressed over the three curious teenagers roaming the sanctum who were bound to ask numerous questions about the mythic artifacts within it.

He takes a sip, preparing himself for the unavoidable onslaught of questions, when he turns to find one of them attempting to open a display case the held a once dangerous weapon. "I'm sorry, are you trying to steal from the sanctum?" Doctor Strange speaks, startling the pair.

"We just wanted to hold it." Ned gaps, immediately backing away from the case with raised hands. "It's cool looking!"

"And dangerous. It drives its wielder into insanity, utilizing their negative emotions to drive them into said insanity. Where nothing else matters but the crave for bloodshed." That was before Dr. Strange was able to remove the curse, but he wasn't about to let them know that. What's the fun in that?

Expecting for them to cower in fear, he awaited for them to back away and leave it alone, but his tale only seemed to be disregarded with woe. "Dude. It's just like Skyrim's ebony blade!" Ned exclaims, the pair looking to each other in realization.

"Sick!" Peter mumbles, eyes widened as he took in every inch and detail of a real, enchanted ebony blade. Strange's eye twitches.

"Nerds!" Michelle calls over her shoulder, flipping through one of the many books the sanctum has to offer, sure of it there's secrets inside of it that could be useful to her.

"Y/n would be just as excited if she were here." Peter says matter-of-factly, not deterred even the slightest by her offhanded comment. Strange snaps his fingers, pointing to him at the mention of the girl's name. "Let's talk about that!" He cheers, wanting to shift from idle talking and finally get down to business. Any longer doing nothing, their dimension (amongst many others) could be at stake.

Ned's face scrunches in confusion. "About how Y/n is just as big of a nerd? Maybe even bigger?" Strange feels himself getting older by the second.

"No. About how her current whereabouts could mean the end of the world." Strange cuts to the chase, making three chairs appear behind the teens, their abrupt appearance causing them to fall into its comfort. All they could do was stare up at the pacing Doctor in shock, it happening way to quickly for them to process.