[10] A Leap of Faith

EP12: Gorizilla

just a little time just a little something up ahead i'm dreaming of

just a little time
just a little something up ahead
i'm dreaming of

being human
rebecca sugar

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Today of all days, the sun decided to shine brighter than usual, leaving the entirety of Paris in a gruesome heat. But fret not, Alya and the girls came up with an even brighter idea to fight off the heat at the local swimming pool. Which you are ten minutes late to.

Racing down the streets of Paris, expertly waving through the crowds of Parisians, you mumbled a small 'mantra' under your breath-which you came up with on the spot. "Don't call, don't call, don't call, don't call-"

You looked irritatedly up at the sky when your phone began to vibrate nonstop, knowing just who was waiting on the other side of the call without even looking at the screen. "You can't give me one thing, can you?" You muttered, pulling your phone out of your back pocket.

With one look, you had confirmed your guess to be correct. It was, in fact, Alya calling, probably waiting to weasel you out and question as to why you were late to the meet-up. Were you really in the mood for that? You know this all could have been avoided if you just learned how to manage your time responsibly, but was it really that far fetched wanting to use your weekend to sleep in? You deserved it! Especially after that run in with Chat Noir.

Before you could even decide to answer-or just go on about your day and ignore it-your phone was knocked out of your hand upon colliding with someone else. You could see a crack or two on the screen. 'My variant is going to kill me', you thought, fixing a glare on whoever decided to bump into you.

It fell just as quick as it did when you realized who was standing in front of you. Blond hair, green eyes that were weirdly panicked. Was he doing okay? "Adrien?" You questioned, earning his full attention at the sound of your voice.

The boy's eyes lit up at the find of someone that wasn't a crazed fan, but you; someone he grew to trust and adore quite easily. Before he could lose himself in the moment, he was reminded of his situation as he heard far cry's of his name. "Y/n!' You blinked in confusion when he grabbed your hand. "Please tell me you live near here."

Your brows crease at his odd behavior. It didn't take a genius to notice he was in some type of trouble. The desperation in his voice, his frantic movements as he looked around himself as if he were being followed. "Are you okay? What's going on?" You asked, squeezing his hand to let him know you were here to help.

And just like any good, dramatic scene, your conversation was cut short when a large crowd of people approached with alarming speed; screaming out for the boy's attention. "Adrien!" Your lips parted in shock, brow twitching with annoyance when they showed no sign of stopping at the clear indication of Adrien's discomfort. In what world does it seem okay to chase after someone like this? 'Clearly this one', you thought bitterly to yourself.