[19] Not-So-Friendly Neighborhood Spider

S2EP18:  Anansi 

every day is like a sticky situationwhen evil's lookin' for a chance  

when evil's lookin' for a chance  

and I know we are the newest generation
we got the power in our hands

start a riot
duckwrth & shaboozey

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Y/n."

You awaken with a startle, blinking away the heavy remnants of a deep slumber; your body feels just as heavy. A shiver rakes your body, the cool air nipping at your face, the welcoming sight of the tonight's stars greeting you hello once you've realized they were there. "Did you really fall asleep on me?"

Everything that weighed on your shoulders melted away at the sound of his voice, your heart aching for him as you turned your head to look to him. "You could have told me just how boring I was instead of falling asleep on me." He laughed, no sign of resentment detected. All that changed at the lack of response from you, his brows cinching with worry. "Are you okay, bug?"

"Pete." You say on the verge of tears, the dam ready to break as you took him in, wondering just how you did it without seeing him. How odd would it be to throw yourself at him and hug him without the intentions of letting him go?

"Are-Are you crying?" He sits up with purpose, getting a better look at you to confirm his suspicions. "What's wrong? Did you have a bad dream?" Peter questions, none of them really registering on your behalf as you just stared. "Are you going to tell me or just stare at me like I grew a head or two? Which, if that ever happens, please put me out of my misery. I don't know how much more of a loser I can become without being scrutinized by-"

You decided to hug him anyways, your hold around him tight and secure. "Hey. Hi." Peter mutters softly, rubbing comforting circles into your back. "Do you want to go back inside?" You shake your head. "Do you want to talk about it?" He questions once more, a shake of your head following as so. As sweet as can be, he doesn't push any further. "Can you at least say something so I know you're okay?"

"I love you."

It slips out before you could register what you had said, the dread of the weight of your words settles deep into your stomach, making you want to hurl the night's snacks you had right then and there. "I'm sorry. . . I didn't mean-"

And as you began to pull away from the warmth within his arms, he stops you; allowing you to think maybe he wasn't totally disgusted by the words that reveal deep within your soul. "Please don't say you didn't mean it." He interrupts, holding onto you dearly, his green eyes pleading with yours.

The tears come to a stop, almost as if they were too shocked to carry on. The guilt built up in your throat, rising and rising as you come to terms with what was going on, but as the words spilt out, there wasn't enough time to stop them as you were dying to get them out. "I'm in love with you, even when I shouldn't be. Even with the intention of keeping my promise. And I don't know how much longer I could put up with it."