[14] A Spider's Web

big bite,they liquify the insides first

big bite,
they liquify the insides first

then wrap them tight
securing their spot in the spider web

spider web
melanie martinez

Even at night, Paris seemed as lively than ever in it's latest hours despite the dangers of being akumatized. You were a bit surprised, to tell the truth. But who could blame them when they had the comfort of the city's lights to carry them through its darkest hours?

You'd be a fool to say the city's ambience didn't set your mind at ease. Those very same lights had taken your breath away your first night here! But they sure did cause you trouble with your current objective: staying hidden.

With the lack of dark spaces and the bustling streets of Parisians, there wasn't much room for you to keep your end of the promise you made with Dawn. There was no room for breaks, so you'd just have to keep pushing with the use of your invisibility.

It was a hassle, and a part of you wished Paris wasn't such a safe haven. Other than the villainous Hawk Moth, there wasn't much crime going on. You weren't saying you wished Paris was more dangerous (at least to keep the Parisians wary enough about their nightly strolls) but it sure would help with your situation right about now.

You jumped from building to building, keeping yourself as far away from the streets to avoid unneeded attention, refusing to use your web tech when the chance of malfunctioning was a varying factor. Dawn had stayed silent, despite the failure to keep your end of the promise, but that didn't mean she wasn't keeping a close eye on your vitals-staying vigilant in her own little way by keeping her eye out for any fluctuations that could tell her your new ability might fail once again.

Just when she thought about commenting on your lack of breaks, you came to a skidding stop, the school building now in view. It was almost surreal to you, spooky even, seeing how empty it was. Not a single soul was seen leaving or entering the building, giving off the feeling as if it were long abandoned and you were the unsuspecting visitor who wasn't suppose to be there.

"No sightings of Ladybug or Chat Noir. I'm not detecting any thermal energy inside the school either."

You hummed in thought, eyes scanning your surroundings slowly, double checking for any human activity. It seemed this side of the city was boring enough to be empty, seemingly safe for you to drop your camouflage and take that break Dawn is so keen on for you to have.

Allowing yourself to sit on the ledge, legs dangling over the edge, the camouflage drops as you in-take a deep breath of fresh air-well, as fresh as it could get through your mask. It was nice taking a moment to yourself, to lean back and take everything in. You weren't sure when was the last time you were able to relax like this, enough to close your eyes and listen to the natural ambiance that Paris had to offer.