Part 26:Through the fire.

I knew I had to get out of there fast. Or at least create a distraction until the boys found me. As we got closer to the fire I could slowly see the person laying on the ground. He was older maybe the frog brothers age. He was in rough shape, I could blood and bruises all over him.
"Who is that ? What did you do to him?" I yelled. " oh that's sam. He taught me everything I know, once he saw how dark this magic is he stopped, but I couldn't." Laddie had stepped into the light of the fire I could finally see him. He had shoulder length  light brown hair he had it slicked back and tucked behind his ears. His arms had black marks all over them as if whatever magic he had been practicing took it toll. " at first it wasn't dark magic, a few nature spells here and there but once he found the dark stuff I couldn't look back. Oh Sammy time to wake up!" He yelled.
  I was gonna try to make a run for it but just then a ring of flames surrounded me. I could hear people yelling my name but the flames muffed the sound of my voice. I looked up and I could see Edgar and Alan running towards me. They stopped once the saw laddie kneeling by Sam.
" oh look sam your friends are here." Shaking the dirt off his hands laddie turned around " Alan, Edgar how's it going guys? It's been a while." " I should have killed you when I had the chance" Edgar yelled. I could  hear more people running towards us. Was it the boys? Had they found me ?
   " laddie?" I looked up and saw Dwayne just standing there. Laddie had made yet another circle of flames but this time around sam.  As laddie walked through the flames towards Dwayne he showed no sign of remorse for everything that had been happening. " Dwayne, you know I looked up to you. I didn't want to leave with Star and the others but I didn't have a choice. You could of came after me but you didn't. You were like a father to me. And you just forgot about me." Laddie yelled his eyes glowing red.
   I could see David running towards me but he stopped, I knew he couldn't get to close. I beat he could feel the heat from the flames. I started coughing, I was breathing in the smoke. "It doesn't have to be like this laddie." David said I could tell hes was in pain. " oh David David David. Have you not looked at the bigger picture here? Rin was promised to me, you remember what would happen when I didn't get my way when I was a child right?"
    Paul and Marko were trying distract laddie " hey buddy remember us?" Paul said taking a step forward " remember this?" As he held up laddies teddy bear. " that old thing you kept it?" He laughed , his laugh became distorted. David fell to his knees as he watched me struggling for air.
    He tried to make a run for it but Dwayne stopped him. " stop David , you have to trust us!" He said. Just then the frog brother ran towards laddie. Tackling him to the ground. The flames around sam started to extinguish, I could see him making his way to laddie. " get off of me!" Laddie yelled sam walked over limping his way towards laddie. He knelt down and put his hands on laddies head.  He started chanting in Latin. I couldn't make out what he was saying. Laddie was screaming in pain. "NO NO YOU CANT DO THIS! YOU CANT!!!!"  I could feel myself grow weak. This is it. I'm dying. I looked at David and smile. I couldn't move, I kept trying to fight for air.
    I could hear laddie screaming more and more. I didn't want to look. My head was pounding it felt like something was being removed from my brain. It was the bond that laddie and I had. I started to scream but I don't think anything was coming out.
"It's hurting her! Stop your going to kill her!" David yelled. " He can't David, he's breaking the bond, he's breaking the promise!" Alan said as he looked back.
   With one last scream I looked over at David. I couldn't do it anymore my body was done fighting. And with all the strength I could find within my self I mouthed the words I love you David.