Chapter 5

I paused the movie at the wrong moment. oop.  I hope you enjoy! thanks so much for so many reads! I thought i would only get like twenty! 

word count:  1732

Abuela was here. And she knew everything.  

"MIRABEL. WHAT IS GOING ON" yelled Abuela in a deep tone.

"Abuela! It's okay, everythings-, were going to save the miracle! The magic!" said Mirabel, her standing up and putting her arms out, shaking and signaling that everything is fine.

"What are you talking about?!? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" yelled Abuela.

"Please! It's just, Isabela wasn't happy, and she-" Mirabel was cut off again.

"OF COURSE SHE ISN'T HAPPY! YOU RUINED HER PROPOSAL!" yelled Abuela, gesturing to Isa who was covered in colorful powders.

"No, no, she needed me to ruin her proposal, and then we did all of this!" said Mirabel waving her hands around Casita, showing all of the colorful plants Isabela had made. Abuela just groaned.

"And the candle burned brighter, and the cracks, thats why i'm in the vision" said Mirabel, and in the background I heard Abuela softly saying Mirabel, but Mirabel continued. 

"Im saving the miracle!" said Mirabel, but backed down after Abuela loomed over her yelling. 

"YOU HAVE TO STOP MIRABEL! The cracks started with you, Bruno left, because of you!  Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela is out of control, because of you!" I went over and pulled Isabela into an embrace, hugging her as the yellow from her cheeks rubbed onto mine. Abuela continued to push Mirabel back.

"I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is NOT AN EXCUSE FOR YOU TO HURT THIS FAMILY" finished Abuela, making Mirabel look down and her eyebrows furrowed, her breath deep.   Isabela clutched my arm tighter.

"I will never... be good enough for you.  Will I?" said Mirabel softly, tears forming in the corners of her brown eyes.  "No matter how hard I try." she finished, starting to look in me, Isa, and the rest of her family's direction.  

"No matter how hard... any of us tries. Luisa, will never be strong enough." She said, gesturing to Luisa who was rubbing her arms, looking in a corner.  

Isabela won't be perfect enough.  Bruno left out family because you only saw the worst in him.

Abuela cut in yelling " Bruno didn't care about this family!" In her heavy accent.

"He LOVES this family" said Mirabel, her voice straining to keep up with Abuela's.

"I love this family, We all love this family,  You're the one who doesn't care, you are the one BREAKING OUR HOME" yelled Mirabel coming back at Abuela. I heard a wind, and saw the sudden fading of light. It got colder, and I got closer to Isabela.

"THE MIRACLE IS DYING BECAUSE OF YOU" finished Mirabel, and suddenly I heard a loud cracking, crunching noise. The floor let out a groan, and a large split appeared in the ground, splitting the house in between Mirabel and Abuela. I saw Julieta run to get everybody out, rushing Luisa and Abuela out of the house, and started running towards Mirabel.

Mirabel saw what I did. The candle was flickering.  She ran for it, and Casita pushed Julieta out. I saw Camilo running through the top balcony, switching forms to fit through the falling debris. Suddenly I felt Isa make a run for it. Our fingertips brushed as she swung away, and Casita pushed me out.