Chapter Fourteen: The Meeting-Trouble

Wrote this chapter for all of you. I loved writing it, but I seriously can't wait to post the next chapter. It's going to be filled with action and I personally LOVE action! This chapter might not be to exciting, but it was still really fun to write. Tell me what you think. I hope you all enjoy it.

~Soli (wateruwaiting4 read,vote or comment. But it's all at your own will. I want your votes to come from your hearts. Thanks.) <3

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Recap:

She finally gave in and faced me. "What's wrong? Don't you want to meet everyone?" She asked, curious yet secretly unhappy. 

"I'm scared." I was telling her the genuine truth. I had no idea what they would think of me. What happens if they don't like me? What if I'm not what they expected and hate me forever? I just got here; I don't want to be seen as a disgrace of all werewolves everywhere. 

"Don't be." She reassured. "They'll love you. I promise." She stuck her pinky out toward me. I scanned it trying to figure out if she was lying or not, but no pain came to my chest, so I decided to believe her. It's safe to suppose that all might possibly go well. I wrapped my very own pinky around hers and we shook on it. A pinky promise never lies. 

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

“Don’t touch me!” I thrashed out in Sorin’s arms as he struggled to get me to climb a tall hill where I will stand over an endless swarm of werewolves and announce my arrival and entrance to their pack. Nope, not happening. This may come to a surprise, or maybe not, but I have stage freight; it’s one of my greatest weaknesses. “A crowd like that, Sorin, is going to make me up chuck everything I just ate for breakfast. Now let me go!” 

“Layla. Just chill out and get up that hill. It won’t be that scary, I’ll be by your side the whole time.” I stopped hitting him and froze staring at his face.

I narrowed my eyes with suspicion. “Promise?” 

“I promise.” He assured. A faint pang shot in my chest. I knew the promise wasn’t going to work. I crossed my arms over my chest and pursed my lips into a pout.

“Liar.” I accused. 

“But Layla, I can’t be with you the whole time. I might have to leave your side when we start the festival.” He explained. 

“What damn festival? I thought it was a ‘meeting’.” I mocked his voice; placing air quotes on “meeting”. He rolled his eyes at me before replying.

“Your so childish at times. Please. Do it for me.” He pleaded, holding his hands out in a praying position. I shook my head.

“Get on your knees and beg me to do it then.” I proposed, grinning mischievously as he glared at me. His jaw dropped at my scam. Glaring at me subtly, Sorin lowered onto one knee.

“Layla Locke, will you, from the bottom of your heart, find it inside of you to join me in this up coming meeting and subsequent festival?” He asked his eyes dribbled with hopefulness. I sighed, loving the look he held in his eyes. How can a girl say “no” to that?