Epilogue

(Third person POV)

…Nine Years Later…

A little girl ran around the vast field with her friends chasing after her. Her luscious black hair danced around her back in soft waves, the sun making it shine gloriously. A larger girl her age chased after her with all her might, but that precious girl didn’t break a sweat as she avoided her predator’s touch with ease. The child’s eyes glowed under their admirable hazel whenever her friends gave up on chasing her, not even the boys that were two years older than her could keep up. All the parents watched her in awe. She shouldn’t be able to run this fast. Being a female werewolf, she should have gotten her enhanced powers after she was mated, but she already had them.

No one knew why she was this fast. No one had a clue why her sight and smell were so keen. She was special, but no one ever thought she would be the only exception known in the werewolf world. This exception knew she was different and all the other children thought it was unjust. They attempted to aggravate her, but she stood up for herself instead of showing any type of weakness. They would call her “shortie”, “midget” and even “jit”, yet none of those hurtful words seemed to hit a nerve. She never fought with anybody, which means no one knows how strong she really is. No matter how angry the kids tried to make her, she would just walk away or stick her tongue out at them. Compared to those jealous children, she was an elegant, vibrant daffodil and they were dull, grey rocks.

The dark-haired girl with the bright eyes slowed her steps as the other kids started to huddle up and whisper without her. She tried to join them, but they would shove her away. “Go away.” They would say. “You’re too short to play.” She tried to explain that she wasn’t too short and that she wanted to join, but they wouldn’t listen. Layla, the mother of this amazing girl, was growing angry with the incompetent children. Her daughter only felt the rage coming from her mother and locked her gazes with her briefly.

“I’ve got this.” She warned Layla to back off. She turned back to ask to play nicely one last time and that’s when it happened.

“Do you want to know why you can’t play?” One of the boys took a demeaning step toward her. She clenched her fists and tightened her jaw in obvious defiance. “Because you are a cheating bitch who thinks she can win at all of the games because you have those stupid powers of yours. I say, that without them you’d be nothing, but a bubblegum wrapper waiting to be thrown away.” Layla’s veins burned inside her, her chest rose rapidly and fell just as fast. Yet, she didn’t dare move to assist her daughter because the smile that bloomed across the girl’s shocked everyone, even the daring boy.

“You’re wrong.” She chuckled humorlessly with a hard glare. “Without my powers, I’d still be faster than you because even with your full male abilities I can still outrun you. Maybe having fairy blood in my veins gives me that extra push, but only on my healing rate nothing more. I guess we can just say that I’m stronger than any of you for obvious reasons. You might not want to admit it, but I was born to be the next Alpha. Just ask my mother’s aunt, she’ll shut you up.” Her eyes melted back to their original warm hue and she touched a hand to the boy’s shoulder tenderly. “Now… Let’s play, shall we.” The boy stood there at a loss for words, opening and closing his mouth. She had it all figured out. She knew why she had sharper senses and faster reflexes and she knew why the boy growled at her after she had explained it to him.