Chapter Fifteen: Vengeance-Stronger Bonds

Never have I ever felt this tired in my life. I wrote this late in the night hoping to finish. Now look! My wish came true! I finished this new chapter just for you. Please let me know if it was boring or not. And maybe shoot out some advice on how to write it better or fix it if you did find it rather limpish. Thanks for sticking around, hope you enjoy. Beware: You will be encountering blood scenes in this chapter. I don't think they're too gruesome, but if you stil don't want to read it just skip over the first two or three paragraphs. Thank you! :3

~Soli (Wateruwaiting4 Read. Vote? Comment?) ^w^ <---- Can't get enough of my little monster face. :D

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/

Recap:

Eli! Bring Jonathan home to the medics. Dimitri ordered. Eli came from behind me and nuzzled Jonathan’s weakened body. He gestured for him to climb onto his back. Jonathan clutched onto Eli’s fur and hoisted himself onto his back.

“Stay safe Layla.” He told me, before Eli took off into the direction of the pack house.

All at once, I felt my fear diminishing. A wolf jumped out of the trees, snarling menacingly at me. His eyes were expressionless, and his posture gave off a nonsensical rage. But he just messed with the wrong wolf. I might be new at this, but I was far past thinking logically. I was going to rip this damn animal’s throat out for injuring my friend. I pounced at it and my battle began.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

I dug my sharp claws into my enemy’s neck tearing at it as he shook me off and I flew through the air into a tree. My body smashed into it and I felt my air being constricted, but it quickly subsided. Layla! Sorin yelled in my head. I flipped onto my legs and growled loudly at my victim. I noticed a fully black wolf sprinting toward my prey, which made me furious. He’s my kill! I launched myself in front of the black wolf before he could touch my target. I snarled at him to back off, my hackles rose as I threw murderous daggers into his skin. The black wolf raised his head high and I felt myself shrink under his intimidating stance. Then it hit me, as I felt my heart speed up I knew it was Sorin’s wolf.

I switched my attention back to the filthy wild wolf I was attacking. It was mine to kill, no one else’s. Luckily, Sorin got the hint and hung back watching from a distance. The wolf shot his sharp teeth at me, aiming for my throat. I pushed myself off the ground and jumped over him as he came at me. I swiveled back around and ran at him with full force. I collided into his body with my head. The sound of cracking ribs filled my ears as I smashed his pathetic body into a nearby tree. He whimpered from the sharp pain slumping to the ground, but I didn’t stop there. I was in a blood lust and he was a dead wolf walking. I pounced onto his body pinning him under my weight.

I could have easily ripped his throat out and that would have been the end of that, but I wanted to see him suffer before he died. I slashed his muzzle with my dangerously razor-sharp claws leaving four profound incisions under his eye. He whined and struggled under me, nipping at my soft under belly, but I pinned him down tighter limiting his movement to a mere head roll. Without a second thought, I dug my paws into his eye and scooped it out of its socket. He howled in excruciating agony. I clamped my jaw down onto his left ear, pulling my head back up as I ripped it off, watching his flesh being torn into shreds of skin.

The blood of the wolf had stained my muzzle, paws and belly. There was a pool of crimson red under us and I continued my savage assault with boiling rage bubbling in my stomach. The wolf was whimpering uncontrollably and his eyes were droopy from losing a great deal of blood. I grinned triumphantly. He’s ready. I lunged into his throat, ripping a large chunk of it from his neck. Blood slowly poured out of his muzzle dripping to the ground. The wolf’s eyes rolled to the back of his head as his life was drained from him. I stepped off of him and kicked him with my hind legs. What a piece of trash.