Chapter Four: Eli Forrester-The Sweet One

Dedicated to Lotus Bubble for reading and commenting on my story. She's a great writer and fun to talk to. Hope you and all my other readers enjoy this chapter. I would have updated sooner, but I was busy with Marching Band competitions and school work.

WaterUwaiting4, Soli :3

 ~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

1.    Sorin Hollow (Asked me out???)

2.    Loki Skyye

3.    Dimitri Hollow (Has a date.)

4.    Eli Forrester

5.    Jonathan Love (Already hooked up.)

“Alright class. Get into pairs for our next assignment of the day. When you finish all your work I’ll let you leave class early.” Ms. Greenstein announced with an authoritative tone, only making me yawn in response. She opened up the directions on her computer presenting it to the class on the Promethean board and printing it out as well. My eyes shot out of my skull as I read the instructions that my INSANE teacher had decided to bestow upon us: 25 multiple choice questions about a poem we had recently read, 15 grammar fill-in-the-blanks, and 10 vocabulary questions. That’s 50 questions TOTAL! This woman is not right in the head if she expects us to do this alone.

“I’ll be assigning partners for this assignment.” Ms. Greenstein continued after putting up the questions, soothing some of my worry. She began reciting pairs, which I zoned out of until my name was called upon. “Layla Locke, you are with Eli Forrester.” She said. Wow. At least I’m paired with Eli and not some possibly lazy student who would have abandoned me to complete the work all on my own. I wonder where he is sitting.

There was a tap on my shoulder and I turned to find that he was sitting at my left. Had he always been sitting there? The worksheet was in his hands, waiting patiently to be answered. “Um… Do you want to start now?” He asked rather softly. I smiled at him. Eli was adorable. His long chocolate brown hair was tousled in all different directions giving him a natural look. The big brown eyes on his beautiful face were shining making him seem all the more approachable.

“Of course.” I answered simply. Eli scooted his desk closer to mine until they were touching. He laid down the paper in the center. I read the first question and immediately frowned. I’m going to be here forever! Eli picked up his # 2 pencil. Who uses those anymore?

“I’ll help you.” He told me with a reassuring smile.

“Really? Thanks.” I picked up my, more modern, green and pink polka dotted mechanical pencil. Eli began to answer the worksheet as he explained to me why he chose those answers at the same exact time. It was a lot of information to grasp, it should have been tedious, but for some odd reason Eli made learning fun and especially easy.

Minutes later, Eli was handing in the completed worksheet to Ms. Greenstein. “Here you go, Ms. Greenstein.” He said. I was still stunned at how fast we finished it. Even the rest of the class was staring at us with wide eyes. They probably think we cheated or something. It was the exact opposite. Eli knew each answer from the top of his head. Not one question threw him off. NOT ONE! He’s a damn genius! Ms. Greenstein took the work from his hands.

“Great job. Here are your passes to go anywhere you’d like for the remaining hour of this class. Enjoy.” She dragged in her monotonous voice.  Again, I had to fight back a yawn. She is such a boring person. No wonder she’s not married!