Chapter Nine

I had the most amazing time with Jake! And he said I helped him so... that's good. We are studying again on Monday.

I'm finally alone so I pulled out my guitar and started singing to Have You Ever Seen the Rain.

Someone told me long ago there's a calm before the storm

I know, it's been comin' for some time

When it's over, so they say, it'll rain a sunny day

I know, shinin' down like water

 ~~JAKES POV~~

I had a great time with Skye! And she helped me so much!

A gust of wind blew around me. It's kinda cold so I decided to put my sweatshirt on. I pulled my bag off my shoulder to look for it. Shoot it's not here. Dang I bet I left it at Skye's. I really need that too. It's super expensive and my dad would kill me of he knew I didn't have it.

I ran back to Skye's and knock on her door. Twice. No one answered so I just went in. I know she won't mind.

Now that I'm inside I can hear music and singing. I stepped inside her room and I could see it was her singing. She was sitting on the corner of her bed, facing away from me. She had her head tipped down over her guitar. She was truly beautiful. And her voice....

I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?

Comin' down on a sunny day?

Yesterday and days before, sun is cold and rain is hard

I know, been that way for all my time

'Til forever, on it goes through the circle, fast and slow

I know, it can't stop, I wonder

I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?

Comin' down on a sunny day?

~~SKYES POV~~ 

 Yeah, I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?

I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain

Comin' down on a sunny day?

I finished my song and gave one last strum on my guitar. All of a sudden I hear clapping behind me. I whipped my head around to see Jake standing there.

O my god. I whipped my head back around. O my god he heard that. Shit. I sound sooooo bad when I sing. I never sing in front of anyone else. I'm so bad. I only sing to calm myself down. O my god I can't believe he heard that. I don't even want to see him right now I can't face him.

I took a deep breath. "Why are you here?" 

"Um I was just getting my sweatshirt."

"Okay. C-can you leave now?" I asked as sweetly and politely as I could.

"Oh um yeah sure... by the way your singing is-"

"Can you go now."

"Yeah. I-I'm sorry."

I heard the door close and I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I couldn't take the criticism he was about to give me. I couldn't face him after he heard me.

I walked downstairs and made myself a sandwich. I walked back upstairs and my iPhone was ringing. Jake wanted to Facetime me. I rejected it and ate my sandwich. He tried five more times. I rejected it each time. Whatever he wanted to tell me, I didn't want to hear. I get some brownie ice cream and turned on Netflix for the rest of the night. 

A/N~ Hey M&Ms. sorry its kina late. -_-  btw I named my country Bella Pais which  you pronounce Baya Pie-ese. It means beautiful country in Spanish. But thanks for the help! It's going to be more like Spain so if you have any more suggestions let me know ;). DOES ANYONE WATCH THE VOICE?????????? PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOU DO! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! SAWYER!!! SAWYER FREDRICKS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I really need more things for my opinion book cuz I'm super excited to write it! Thank you!! Bye!

~Eminemily