Chapter Thirty

~~OCEANS POV~~

After school I went to Skye's house, to see how she was doing. She told me everything Jake told her. "Do you believe him?" I asked. She shrugged. "I'm not sure." I nodded, thinking.
We sat in silence for a while. Finally I got up and grabbed my bag. "I think you should."

~*~*~NEXT DAY~*~*~

"Okay. Here are the lyrics and notes to the song. You said you had some guitar lessons before?" He nodded. "Okay then you should be able to figure it out. Tonight. Five o'clock. The park by Skye's house."
"Alright. Thanks Ocean." He gave me a quick, friendly hug. "No problem." He walked out of the coffee shop we met in. It was Saturday and we agreed to meet here, in neutral territory, to discuss the song he would sing for Skye. I really hope it works. I really do.

~~SKYES POV~~

I turned the nob on my shower and the water puttered to a stop. I grabbed my pink towel and wrapped it around my dripping body. I walked out of the bathroom and turned on my surround sound. I flipped through the songs and landed on Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld. It's an amazing song.
I walked to my closet and flipped through my clothes, looking for the perfect outfit. I was going to a party, with Kat. I've really neglected her lately, so I called and she found a party for us to go to together.
I flipped through a few dresses but nothing was right. I decided to do my hair.
I walked back into the bathroom and grabbed my curling wand. I plugged it in and grabbed my makeup bucket. I pulled out some blush, mascara and eyeliner. Then I grabbed some blush pink lipstick and they eyeshadow I needed to do a smokey eye. I started with my eyes, forming a light smokey eye on my eyelids. Next, I did a perfect winged eyeliner look, along with some mascara. Blush and the lipstick and I was done. By now my curling iron was fully heated up so I grabbed it, starting a loose, beachy wave look.
When I was done, I walked back out of the bathroom and went back to my closet.
Hiding in the back was a beautiful tight fitting red dress. I quickly slipped it on and found some silver heels. I grabbed a silver clutch and put my phone, headphones, and lipstick into it. I was finally ready!

~*~*~ A BIT EARLIER~*~*~
~~OCEANS POV~~

I stood a few houses away from Skye's, in the park, anxiously checking my watch. "Hey." I jumped ten feet in the air when I hear the voice behind me. "Jeez!!! You can't sneak up behind me like that, you jerk!" I pushed him.
He asked what we were doing and I told him. "We're going into her house and you're going to surprise her by singing to her." He nodded like he thought it was a decent plan. "You know the song right?" He nodded again.
"What is the matter with you? I've never know you to be so quiet!" He shrugged. Jake flipped his guitar off his back and fiddled with it. "I'm nervous Ocean. This is my chance to get her back. What I it doesn't work?" "Then you tried your hardest. We just have to wait for one more thing."
After a few minutes a shiny silver car pulled up. She got out of the car and pressed the lock button, making the car honk. "Hey." She said quietly. "Hello Secret Weapon. Alright. Lets go." I instructed. Jake put his guitar on his back and followed us.
Not soon after, my phone buzzed. It was Cole Hey babe, whats up? I typed quickly. Fixing a relationship. It buzzed a second later. Not ours i hope. I laughed quietly. Nope Skye's and Jakes. Talk later. <3
We walked up her driveway and I pulled out my key. "What?! You have a key to her house?!" I shushed him "Yes idiot. How else do you expect to get in. She always keeps her house locked." Melody giggled quietly.
He asked how I got the key. "It was when Sadie decided to be a bitch." He nodded silently again. I quietly put my key in the lock and it turned easily. I yanked the key out of the lock, making a bit more noisy than I wanted. I winced when the her radio- blaring Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld- turned off.
"Ocean?" I heard the voice from upstairs. "Yeah its just me!" I responded. "I'm in my room!!" I heard her yell.
I patted Melody on the back and pushed her to go up the stairs. She stopped and whispered to me. "What if it doesn't work? what if she gets mad? What if-" I interrupted her. "Then be strong. You'll be fine." I pushed her up the stairs again and she went this time.
"What the hell?!" I hear Skye say. "Shhhh, just hear me out," Melody's voice fades as she closes the door.
I glanced behind me to see if Jake was okay. He was walking in little circles, obviously nervous. "You'll do fine." I reassured him. I hear Melody's sing-songy voice. "Ocean!"
We began climbing the stairs and all of a sudden I got nervous. What if it DIDNT work?
We turned into her room in time to see her fluffing her hair in the mirror. I knew Jake was still behind me because of the reaction. She spun around with a glare in her eyes. "I thought it was just you Ocean. Well I guess I should have know because MELODY came into my room!" Her eyes were narrowed but I saw a glint in them.
"Well..." I started, nervously. "We have something to clear up. So I brought him with. And her." I pointed to Melody. I then smiled, hoping to win her over. She sighed and plopped onto her bed. "Whatever."
He grabbed his guitar and started playing. I walked over to Melody. "How did it go?" I whispered. "Well she was pissed but i know she listened. Who knows if she believed me."
The fifth or sixth note he played was a bit sour but overall he was doing good. Then he started singing.

I fell in love with a beautiful girl
And she still takes my breath away
I fell in love in the morning sun
While the hours slipped away

Ive never heard Jake sing. He told me could and I believed him. I had no idea he could sing so well!! His voice is deep, and when he sings it sounds so amazing! I stood there with my mouth gaping open for a while. Melody was amazed too. I almost forgot to watch Skye.

Sometimes when I hear your name
A smile creeps on my face
And for reasons I can't explain
It's never out of place

She sits on her bed, her eyes trained on Jake, a bit of disbelief in her eyes. She knows the song and she knows whats coming next. That's why I chose it.

'Cause I love you
More than you think I do
And I love you
Now you don't want me to
'Cause I love you
More than you think I do
And I love you
Now you don't want me to

I had him skip some verses because they didn't apply to them, but the song was still magical.

When you left it was the end of my world
'Cause I never got to say

That I love you
More than you think I do
And I love you
Now you don't want me to
'Cause I love you
More than you think I do
And I love you
Now you don't want me to

'Cause I love you
Woah oh, woah oh, woah oh
And I love you
Woah oh, woah oh, woah oh
'Cause I love you
Woah oh, woah oh, woah oh
And I love you
Now you don't want me to

~~SKYES POV~~

I sat there, a smile on my face. He ended with a perfect note. What a great guy, singing a song for me?!

~~JAKES POV~~

I ended with what I hope was a perfect note and my eyes flickered to Skye. She looked beautiful, and she sat on her bed with an unreadable expression. I looked to Ocean and Melody, worried looks on their faces.
I suddenly got self conscious and realized that I just sang in front of two girls.
I slung my guitar around to my back and started to walk away. That was when Skye got up. She silently grabbed her little silver purse thing and rearranged her curled hair.
She walked towards her door but stopped at me. She slowly stepped closer to my body until she was just inches away. Skye leaned closer to my face until her lips brushed my cheek. Using the quietest voice possible she said, "I love you too."