Chapter 3: March 3rd 8:00 AM

Chongyun felt sad as he got out of bed. Xingqiu didn't reply to his text, and he didn't know what to do, or how awkward it would feel to be at school with him.

"Honey," Chongyun's mom called from downstairs. "You've got to get up...you can't be late for school!"

Chongyun mumbled a "coming" and then hurriedly got dressed. He checked his reflection in the mirror, brushed his teeth and then came downstairs.

"Here, eat the cereal," His mom said.

It was nice and cold. Chongyun relaxed as he felt the cold liquid slide down his throat. He grabbed his bag and said bye to his mom.

***

"Ahahaha, it's a fresh breeze, isn't it?" Asked Childe.

"Mm," Kaeya agreed.

Arataki laughed. It was very loud.

"I would be inclined to agree," Said Zhongli.

Chongyun inched around the group. He thought they were all so...intimidating. Also, good looking. Girls were quite literally begging at their feet. Childe bathed in that luxury. Kaeya flirted back but didn't encourage it further. Arataki was completely obvious, and so was Zhongli.

He spotted Xiao putting his schoolbooks away in his locker. Xiao growled and shut it. Chongyun made his way to his locker. He saw girls in the corners of his eyes staring at Xiao like he was some sort of god, their eyes shining with admiration...it almost made Chongyun grimace.

Chongyun started putting his books away. Where was Xingqiu? Did he not come to school? Because of Chongyun? No, that couldn't be it. Xingqiu liked school. He was nice and popular and loved studying. He couldn't just not come to school.

Chongyun walked to his next class, hoping to bump into Xingqiu on the way.

Chongyun walked down the hallway. No Xingqiu anywhere. He opened his classroom door and set down his books. Barbara, Jean and Lisa arrived a few seconds later, chatting as they walked into the classroom.

"So, hello, girls..." Mr. Albert said. "And guys." he added almost two seconds later.

That's...really creepy. This was Chongyun's first time being taught by Mr. Albert. He had arrived two days ago, like Albedo.

"Er, today we're learning math!! I have a few concept sheets printed out; your job is to make a valid explanation of..." He said all of this much too excited, and he rambled on and on and on about what they were going to do.

"So, uh, we're—uh just going to go and grab a partner and do this project! Okay, so the partners are—" Albert said, and then he randomized the names. "Jean and Yae Miko, Kazuha and Xiao, Lumine and Kaeya, Ei and Keqing, Hu Tao and Noelle, Lisa and Mona..." No one was paying particular attention until he finished with, "Barbara and me!"

Chongyun almost choked. Mr. Albert had also skipped Chongyun. He grabbed a popsicle to calm himself down, while Barbara looked scared, Jean looked angry, Lisa looked both amused and concerned. Kaeya wore a smirk while Noelle looked very worried. There was a very awkward silence.

"Well, er, let's get started!" Mr. Albert cheered.

Chongyun saw that Jean immediately sprinted out of her chair and was talking to Mr. Albert in a commanding tone. Jean was very professional and was the acting Grand Master for the fencing club. Barbara was shrinking away while Noelle was comforting her. Chongyun saw Lisa and Yae Miko help Jean, he decided to help them too.