5

5

Addison POV

Calum decided that Mali and I should become friends. I don't have any, but I'm sure she does. We're going to lunch at this place she likes. It's Saturday, so the place is pretty crowded.

"So Addy, tell me about you," Mali tells me after we order.

"Uh, I was born in Perth. I'm only eighteen, I start college soon. I have a sister and a niece. My parents got divorced when I was a baby-"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Mali interrupts.

"From what I heard, he was an ass. Don't be," I laugh, then I continue. "My favorite movie is Titanic and I play the cello."

"I've never met anyone that plays the cello," Mali says.

"I love it, it's so beautiful," I gawk.

"Calum plays the bass, so that's close, right?"

"Uh, no."

"They're both string instruments, they both play lower notes."

"Yeah, they're not the same or similar," I say.

"Okay, yeah, I admit it to. But I have always thought the cello to be a beautiful instrument," Mali says.

"I agree. So, do you play any instruments?"

"Eh, not really. I know a little of guitar through Calum and the guys, but besides that I'm clueless."

"That's okay, I heard you sing. Singing makes up for not playing an instrument."

"I do sing. You're even better if you can sing and play an instrument, like Calum."

"Don't be jealous of Calum, he has cooties," I lean in and whisper to her. "Plus, you're a prettier girl than he is."

"Okay, well duh," Mali laughs.

"I'm just saying. Guys that are ugly girls and gave cooties are no guys to be jealous of."

"I'm not jealous of Calum, I was recognizing how much he is good at, that's all," Mali says.

"I've never actually heard him play, like I've heard some of songs, but never him specifically."

"You should ask him one time, he's really good."

"Alright, I will," I shrug.

Lunch with Mali went well, I think the two of us will be great friends.

I returned back to my apartment to see Calum sitting in my living room, drinking beer. "Did I give you permission to be in my apartment, or to steal my booze?" I snatch the bottle out of his hand and take a sip.

"We're dating now, that's all the permission I need," Calum jokes. "How'd lunch go?"

"It went well," I say, and then a small moment of silence falls on us, before I break it again, "Can you play a song for me?"

"What?"

"Mali said I should ask you to play for me, just you. Can you?"

"My bass is at home."

"I don't know, I want to hear you."

"Alright, come with me," Calum drags me out of my apartment and I barely have time to grab my phone. He takes me to his car and he doesn't say a word to me until we get to a big house.

"Is this where you live?" I ask.

"Yeah, I share it with the boys," Calum says as he grab my wrist and take me into his house. As we walk in it, I see the boys.