🎄 Christmas Special 🎄

"Kallu!"

"Hey Tatsu."

Tatsuya grins at me and hands me a wrapped present.

"Merry early Christmas!"

"Thanks."

I open it. Inside is a black pleated bracelet.

"It's a friendship bracelet! I have mine on too!"

He lifts up his sleeve to show a bracelet identical to the one he gave me.

I try the bracelet on. It fits perfectly.

"Thanks Tatsu. I got you one too."

His eyes light up as a reach into my bag.

I hand his present to him and he tears the wrapper off.

"Oh my god."

"Do you not like it...?"

"Kallu, I fucking love it!"

I let out a sigh of relief.

I gave him a scrapbook I made of us. It's got pictures of us in it from every time we done something together.

"It's still got a lot of blank pages so you can add to it if you'd like." I say.

He doesn't respond. He just puts the scrapbook down and hugs me.

"Bro this is amazing. Thank you so much." He whispers.

"Are you crying?"

"Yeah dude." He pulls away, laughing. I laugh too.

We smile at eachother and start walking to school. Today is the last day before we stop for Christmas.

"So~ Did you get Kenji anything?"

I feel my face heating up.

"Wha- no! Why would I get him anything?"

"Because he's your boyfriend~!" He drags out the word 'friend'.

"No he isn't. Shut up." I stare at my feet.

Tatsuya ducks down so I can see his face.

"Aww! You're embarrased!"

"Oh my god."

I start speedwalking to get away from him. I hear him laugh behind me and run up to me.

We arrive at school and start walking to our homeroom. Tatsuya is talking about a prank he and his sister played on his dad.

We open the door to our homeroom. Christmas lights are hanging from every corner and there are snowman stickers on the windows. We sit down at our seats and continue talking about the prank.

"Kallu! You should have seen his face! Wait- I'm sure Rika got a picture of it. Hold on, let me ask her." He says.

"Wouldn't she be busy?"

"Nah, she's in homeroom too. Might actually be skipping but she'll reply in no time."

He starts tapping rapidly on his phone. I hear loud laughter and look up. I see Kenji in the middle, covering his face and his friends laughing.

"What's up with him?" Tatsuya asks.

"No clue." I say.

"Hey Kalluto, Kenji! Come over here!" A Koharu shouts, waving us over. I look at Tatsuya.

"Should we?" He asks.

"Sure."

We get up and walk over to the group. Everyone is snickering and looking at Kenji and sneaking glances at Tatsuya and I.

"What is it?" I ask.

Koharu grins and shoves Kenji's shoulder. He shakes his head, muttering something. Tatsuya taps my shoulder. I turn to look at him and he's giving the group a weird look.

"Are they up to something?" He whispers to me.

I shrug my shoulders as I see his eyes widen. Put's his hands on my shoulders and spins me around.

Kenji is standing here with a small box and a card in his hand, looking away from me and whispering something to one of his friends.

I take the box out of his hand.

"T-Thanks." I stammer.

"Well? Open it!" Tatsuya yells in my ear. I cringe at the volume.

I tear off the wrapping paper. It's a framed drawing of me.

"Did you draw this?" I ask.

He nods his head, looking at his feet. I smile, putting the drawing in my bag.

"Open the card after school." Koharu says.

"Okay..?" I say.

"That's all! Bye!" She shouts.

Tatsuya and I go back to our desk.

"Oh my god bro. He totally likes you back." He says.

"Be quiet."

"I wonder why you need to open it later."

"Yeah. Me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tatsuya and I are sitting on the roof eating our lunch. I look at my bag, wondering about the card.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He says.

"Depends." I reply, eating a spoonful of rice.

"Well, I can see you looking at your bag so I'm thinking that we open the card right now." He says.

I nod, pulling my bag over to me. I reach into my bag and take out the card. I tear open the envelope and hold it out in front of me. Tatsuya looks at it too.

"Well? Are you gonna open it?" He says.

"No, you do it."

He laughs, taking the card from me.

When he opens it, he starts grinning.

"What?"

"You have to see what he wrote!" He says.

"I don't want to look. Read it to me."

He clears his throat.

"Dear Kalluto, I am writing this letter to confess my feelings for you. I have been admiring you from afar since the first day and have been falling for you more and more every day. Whenever I see you, I feel happier. Like nothing is wrong in the world and that everything is perfect. I love your hair, your eyes, your smile, just everything about you. You are perfect. I hope you reciprocate my feelings.
-Kenji"

"Holy shit." I say.

"Holy shit indeed." He replies.

Theres a moment of silence before Tatsuya speaks again.

"I should get some mistletoe for you two." He says.

"Tatsuya Tanaka, don't you fucking dare."