Chapter 21

After four rings, she answers.

"Hello?"

I take a deep breath.

"Aniko?" I say. She's quiet.

"I'm sorry, who's this?" She asks.

"It's me, Ken Tsukumo, your father."

She goes quiet again. I can hear people in the background.

"How did you get my number?" She demands.

"A man named Hisoka gave it to me." I say.

"Hisoka?" She asks. Her voice is quiet and full of anger. The people in the back have gone silent too.

"Yes." I say. She goes quiet again.

She takes a deep breath and says, "Never contact me again."

"Wait!" I say, desperate to talk to her.

"What?" She demands. "You have 3 minutes, say what you want to say."

"I want to meet up. Please Aniko, you have two younger siblings who I want you to meet." I beg.

"Absolutely not." She says.

"Aniko, I was forced to give you up. Your mother and I had an affair and I had to give you up if I wanted to stay with my wife." I say, hoping it'll keep her on the phone longer.

"...What?" Her voice is barely audible. "What happened to my mother? Why couldn't she keep me."

"My wife's father killed her. He's involved with bad people, but I've heard you are too."

She goes quiet again.

"You're a scumbag." She finally says. "So, you choose to have an affair and my innocent mother dies for it!? Honestly, I pity your wife and at the same time, I despise her. She stayed with you after you cheated, who on earth would do something like that!? She forced you to give up your own child and then goes on to have two with you! Did she give those ones away too? No, she didn't. So why was I given away when her asshole dad fucking killed my mother!?"

"Aniko, please..." I beg once again.

"Know what?" She says. "Yeah, I will meet with you. Bring your stupid fucking wife and your kids so I can tell both of you that you suck and your children will know why I don't want anything to to with them. We will meet at Sakura's Smoothies at 2pm tomorrow. You have 2 hours to speak until I leave, okay? I'm bringing someone too, I don't trust you."

"Of course! I'll tell them right away! Thank you!" I exclaim, getting up to go tell my family.

Before I can even say bye, she hangs up.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°
[POV SWITCH]
°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Kenji and I are waiting outside of the gate for Shiro and Ren.

"Kallu!" Ren exclaims, they run up to me and hug me. Shiro walks towards us a little bit behind them, smirking at Kenji who is staring at Ren.

"You alright to go?" He asks. "You'll be okay, won't you?" I nod as Ren lets go of me.

He gives me a hug before turning to the other two and high fiving them, it took a little convincing to get Shiro to give him one, and he heads back inside.

"So.. wanna head to my place?" Ren asks. We both nod. "Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we're walking, I notice Shiro looks a little off. Ren seems to notice it too.